5 in 5 | Rambling Rose

I'm joining in with Sandie's 5 in 5 monthly link up. 

This is how the monthly challenge works:

1. Choose a location
2. Have your camera ready
3. Set a mobile timer for 5 minutes
4. Take as many photos as you can until the time is up
5. Choose 5 of those photos to share via the link on Sandie's blog on the 5th of the month

This month I decided to photograph my rambling rose to show the stages the flowers progress through.


I was disappointed when this rose first produced flowers as it was labelled as a pure white rose and it clearly isn't, but I've grown to love it and it's now one of my favourite things in the garden.

It starts out at the bud stage in shades of apricot ...


... which deepen in colour with added touches of yellow as the flower grows and opens ...


... and gradually the apricot changes to pink, still with patches of yellow ...


... and as the flower nears the end the pink takes over but very quickly the outer petals starts to fade to white ...


... until right at the end when all the pink has disappeared and only the white remains.



Many thanks Sandie for organising this challenge. Did you notice I managed to sneak in an extra photo? 🤭

Comments

  1. What a lovely rose. All those different colours - gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's lovely and luckily seems to thrive on neglect!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's a lovely rose! It looks like several roses in one and look at the profusion of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like plants with so many colours happening but this one is perfect for the garden I want to create.

      Delete
  4. How beautiful that chameleon rose is. What a focal point in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives some much needed colour but takes a bit of a back seat to the white/pale pink climbing rose next to it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    But how beautiful is your rose! I liked to see the transformation of color as it evolves!
    Original!
    Hugs. Take care.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was buying a pure white rose so this is a happy mistake!

      Delete
  6. Eileen thank you for taking part in this month's photo challenge, and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond. For some reason I was not notified of your link so I missed it until now. What lovely roses and photos. It was the perfect theme for a 5 minute photo prompt and I do hope you will join us in 5in5 again when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Sandie. I think blogger has funny five minutes every now and then. I'm aiming to get back to joining in with 5 in 5 every month from now on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts