Yoo-hoo, It's Only Me!

I've sorted myself out and am back! What's more important is that Baby P is out of hospital and completing her recovery at home. In the end the doctors said it was a virus but thankfully not the virus. Thank you all for your kind comments on my previous post.

I've had a bit of a wobbly week emotionally but am on the way back up. The news about the baby was the final straw on top of the issues of so many weeks in isolation but thankfully it was a relatively minor wobble, involving lots of tears rather than a descent into full blown depression. The government has given the go-ahead for single people to link with another household to form a support bubble but it doesn't apply to people who are shielding so I'm still waiting on new instructions for myself. Like quite a few of my friends I'm dithering about whether I want to do this anyway - the daily figures for new infections are still too high, there are now some cases in one of the local retirement homes, and I don't want to do anything that has the potential to stop my home being the safe place it currently is.

I do need to make some effort to have a change of scene though. With the National Trust re-opening some of their places and Longleat announcing their plans to re-open soon, I have plenty of choice for a few low risk trips out. You now have to pre-book and so far every time slot for the places I'm interested in have sold out but I will keep trying. My neighbour has checked my car for me so I'm good to go, although the weather will put paid to any excursions in the next few days -  it's been hammering it down for a couple of days and the forecast is for rain every day this week. It's probably just as well though because I cut my hair and don't want to scare the neighbours with my new look!

Despite feeling emotionally fragile I actually had a productive week. The odds and ends belonging to the band have been collected so I can finally and definitely draw the line under that. I've sorted out some more items for donation to a charity shop when they reopen, and cleared out some rubbish from the garage which will eventually go to the recycling yard. Some of my items sold on eBay so they have been packaged up and posted, and I will advertise some more things at the weekend. Best of all, I've completed the work on organising my photos so am feeling quite smug about that! 

Comments

  1. Welcome back! You've been missed! I'm so happy to hear that Baby P is home and recovering. I'm glad that you are coping well, too, and have managed to be so productive! Well done! These are trying times, aren't they? Continue to do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's such a relief that the baby is recovering - the best news ever.

      I'm much better than I was and improving daily. For the most part, I am ignoring the easing of lockdown and continuing at home alone with the occasional solo drive out.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back from me too. I missed your posts very much. Great news all round and I'm so glad baby P is on the mend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I get daily photos of the baby and she's looking much brighter as the days go on, which is lovely to see.

      Delete
  3. All brilliant news. I'm glad.

    Yes I too am struggling with the easing, some aspects of which seem very arbitrary. It can be hard being the one saying "I'd rather not X or Y" when others assume that because something is allowed it is necessarily safe. My sister was very keen that we visit M&D for Father's Day, but for a start the current regs only allow for one or other of us to do that, and secondly we have each been in supermarkets, hospitals etc., so why put them at risk just because someone says we may?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel. Allowing anyone, family or friends, into my home or meeting outside with no social distancing means that I am taking on board their risk levels from their life and the people they have had contact with. I just don't feel ready to do that yet.

      A big part of me thinks the government is easing restrictions based on whichever group is making the most noise!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts