Thursday

Let's start with four more possibles for the SPSH (all from my camera and they loaded without any problems). 

No 4 | a toy you play with, a solitaire puzzle. This could also be used for No 6 | something in the shape of a triangle



No 7 | something that displays a rule(s), the rules of Monopoly




No 20 | something with the number 7 in it, a selection of dies displaying the number 7, and a set of 7s in a hand of playing cards




Yesterday I sorted out nine items to advertise on eBay. I have the photos ready and have worked out the postage costs so will place the adverts later today and keep my fingers crossed that they will all sell. There are other things I could advertise but it would mean going to the Post Office to send them and I don't feel comfortable about doing that at the moment. 

It drizzled steadily all day yesterday but we didn't get the sort of downpour the gardens need. I checked the forecast last night and the days of rain we were promised are now days of sunshine but worryingly, Tuesday is the next day forecast for rain in this area which happens to be the day the gardener is due ... quite selfishly, I hope the forecast is wrong!

Today is the day for my mood boosting treat and I'm hoping to go out for a drive and a walk. I have to brave the garage first to correct the tyre pressure and I may as well top up the petrol tank while the fuel prices are low. If that's not too traumatic, my plan is to drive over to Westbury White Horse where there is plenty of space to walk and the chance to take some photos. If it's too busy up there, I'll head over to Barton Farm at Bradford on Avon. I am looking forward to going out and think I'll be fine about it at any other time but I feel stupidly anxious about needing to go to the garage first. Apart from one drive to give the car a run out, I haven't left the house since March 20th so this all seems like a big deal! I can feel myself tensing up just writing about it so if I need to ask for help to get past this, then I will.

It's the online quiz with J and L tonight and then probably a bubble bath followed by an earlyish night.

Comments

  1. I'm glad the photo loading issue seems to have sorted itself out.
    I think a good, steady drizzle works quite well - it soaks in and doesn't run off nearly so much as a downpour. Really wouldn't mind some here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering whether it's a broadband issue as today the photos won't load into eBay. IT issues are so annoying ... I understand your frustration with sorting out your tablet.

      I think we will have some more rain tonight. It's getting darker as the day goes on.

      Delete
  2. Those are all good photos for the SPSH! I see that I had better get started! :D

    Hope the driving goes well. I think you'll be OK once you are behind the wheel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I always start enthusiastically and then have a lull in the middle!

      I'm not worried about the actual driving, just the going to the garage bit. I have sorted the car so that's okay for now,but didn't go out for a drive as the weather isn't playing nicely. I will walk over to the marina later on instead.

      Delete
  3. I am constantly amazed (and envious) by the clarity of your photos.
    Totally understanding your anxiety about going out to get petrol etc. I hope it goes well and enjoyably. Here in Halifax the weather is cooler than it has been recently. If it's the same where you are hopefully not too many people will be around.
    Your post makes me a little homesick. When I lived in Dorset a big treat would be to go over to Frome to have tea in a teashop and browse in a bookshop. The Westbury Horse was a sight from the train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. See my response to Bless above, the garage part is done but no trip out.

      I'll try the White Horse tomorrow instead. Frome is such a beautiful little town. Next time I go (not for a while!) I'll take some photos for you.

      Delete
  4. We haven't been out since 16th March except for a drive in the car and I understand your anxiety about going to the garage. We haven't had to do that yet. Superb photos mine are always not quite right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garage was busier than I thought it'd be which sort of put me off going for my walk afterwards. I'm being a wimp about it, so garage today, drive and walk tomorrow .... baby steps!

      Thanks for your comment on my photos.

      Delete
  5. Great SPSH finds. I understand the anxiety about going out, I think for many it is part of our new normal. Deep breathe in, deep breathe out, you can do this ... it takes me several minutes of deep breathing to relax into the idea of going out & we have just been doing curb side pick up. That's great that you can get a lot of the clearing out, out into the mail if it sells. I never count on the weather forecast being correct (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am attempting an indoor set of photos and then will try an outdoor set but don't have as many ideas for the outdoor set, so it may not be possible.

      I've been to the garage which was unbelievably stressful but am now set up to go!

      It'll be some extra pocket money if it sells but if not then it'll probably go in the pile for the charity shop. I'm testing the waters really as I don't know whether people have money to spend on collectables.

      Delete
  6. I have a solitaire puzzle like that! Or did have... It has just started raining here as I type this, and maybe it'll be a good soaker :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this one for years. I remember there was a bit of a craze for these wood & marbles puzzles.

      Hope your garden gets a good soaking.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts