Day 105: In a Rush!


The band is playing carols outside Tesco tonight so this is quick post. I love the carols and the playing, but am not looking forward to 90 minutes out in the cold ... at least Tesco are usually generous and supply us with hot chocolate and mince pies.

I've been in a rush all day, trying to catch up with myself. I had everything organised and then a panicky phone call from L at 8 am put paid to all my plans - she'd missed her bus and needed a lift to Uni in Bath, so that took a big chunk of time out of my morning. The rest of the morning saw me rush here, there and everywhere to get all my errands finished. I'd wanted to leave home early and take some time to photograph the birds at Devizes, but in the end it was a quick snap using my phone and only then because there was a convenient parking space!

Teaching was hard work this afternoon as the children are ramping up the excitement about Christmas. Still, I only have next week to get through and then, except for the last few band commitments, I'll be on holiday until January 6th.

Have to go - I need to warm up before I play!

Comments

  1. Another beautifully crisp photo. Brrr! It's perishing here. Hope you didn't freeze while out playing, and that you were appreciated, and amply plied with warming fare. Christmas tree lights were turned on in the village tonight, complete with an hour's carol singing by a four part choir that gave a rather good account of themselves. I listened from indoors feeling cold myself, so their feet must have been like ice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts