Weekly Reflections

Saturday morning - work in progress
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying a lively chat at the U3A book group, and creating a list of the next lot of books we'd all like to read
  • feeling pleased with the new cleaners and loving getting my home back in order with little effort on my part
  • getting all the pots planted up and ordering a selection of plants for the wooden planters
  • spending a fun evening with J
  • watching the Great British Sewing Bee ... I've agreed with all the eliminations so far
  • spending time reading
  • filling another box of unwanted items, ready to be sent to the charity shop
  • celebrating the completion of the pergola - S fixed the trellis on Saturday and will finish lining the wooden planters today 
  • enjoying my weekly piano lesson 
  • watching Trooping the Colour

I am grateful ...
  • for M and S' help in the garden
  • for prescription painkillers... I love the sunshine but not the migraines that the hot weather triggers
  • for next day deliveries when I've forgotten to order important things!

Comments

  1. It's looking good, isn't it? It should be a picture when it's all done and the plants are settled in.
    I'm glad you're happy with the cleaners. I find that the couple of hours I get each week makes a difference out of all proportion to the time they take. It's very much appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm really pleased with how it's looking. It finishes of the 'problem' area and addresses a couple of safety issues at the same time.

      Having cleaners takes the pressure off me and if means the house is always 'visitor ready'. I'm glad I made the decision to set this up... it makes a huge difference. xx

      Delete
    2. That's great. It did for me too. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to learn the heat has given you migraines, it has triggered my hay fever with a vengeance. I'm glad the new cleaners are doing a good job that takes the pressure of you. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished pergola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you are suffering with hay-fever. Fortunately that's not troubling me too much this year.

      Yes, the cleaners have taken the pressure off me ... it's a huge relief that the house is clean and tidy with such little effort on my part.

      There'll be photos of the finished pergola tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  3. The pergola is looking great! I'm impatient to see it all planted up!
    Your week was full of things to be cheerful about and grateful for, even with the migraines. Hope the week ahead will be as nice, if not better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the planting photos! I still have to decide on a climbing rose and that will have to be ordered and the other plants aren't due unto late next week at the earliest.

      I have a quiet week to look forward to, only a couple of social events so most of my time will be spent at home. Just as well as we are promised rain every day until Thursday! xx

      Delete
  4. A positive week! I'm glad your painkillers provide you with some much needed relief. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. The painkillers are effective if I am able to take them early enough, which fortunately happens at least 60% of the time. xx

      Delete
  5. Its looking fabulous. It will look stunning once the plants start to cover.
    I have two neighbours both of whom have built huge pergolas but added no plants! One has added a plastic roof to his but still no greenery at all. Puzzling to me, especially as the garden next to ours was beautiful full of plants, shrubs and greenery. When he moved in he dug everything up and chopped the hedge down! I can now view his ugly pergola. Sadly, we can't. Choose our neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole.

      That's a shame about your neighbours. One of my friends has a plastic roof on his pergola and, in my opinion, it looks awful and just traps the heat on a warm day so it's uncomfortable to sit underneath it. Maybe you'll have to think about adding bigger plants in your garden to block the view! xx

      Delete
  6. I need some fast growing trees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts