Friday

verbena lollipop
 

I was hoping that M would be able to plant up the planters yesterday. She isn't due again until next Thursday so I was asking a lot, but sadly she wasn't able to fit me in so I have to keep the plants alive for another week. Waiting a week means that the new climbing rose should be here as well and it can all be planted in one session. I decided on a red climbing rose in the end - Crimson Shower - to add a strong colour to this end of the garden.

I kept thinking it was Sunday yesterday ... there was definitely that Sunday sort of relaxed feeling to the day. I spent the morning in the garden, deadheading and a bit of weeding, but mostly split the time between reading the next book group choice - 'The Keeper of Stories' by Sally Page - and just daydreaming. It was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries.

In the afternoon I caught up with my piano practice and started meal planning. It's nearly time to refill the garage freezer but I won't buy anything until after I have spoken to my doctor in case whatever it is he wants to talk about means that I need to tweak my diet. 

Today I'm taking the car to be valeted - it's a mess and looks dreadful! L will be here at midday for a long overdue catch-up and she is bringing lunch with her. We should have plenty to talk about as I haven't seen her for a few weeks and I'm looking forward to hearing about her holiday and seeing some more photos of her granddaughter. 

She'll probably stay all afternoon but after she's gone I will be round to visit all your blogs and, fingers crossed, it looks like I will be able to comments on your posts again! 😊😊

Comments

  1. It sounds like a really lovely day (as does yesterday). Enjoy your time with L. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a happy day to enjoy! Always good to have quiet, cheerful days with a lunch date to enjoy. Have a great day Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, we had a good time and have caught up with all the news. xx

      Delete
  3. Red roses are beautiful, a good choice. Have a lovely day with L and yay to hopefully your blogging problems now sorted xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard today that the red rose won't be despatched until mid July, which is disappointing but it's supposed to be rapid growing so it may still put on a show this year. I had a lovely time with L, thanks. I'll be testing the commenting later on ... fingers are crossed! xx

      Delete
  4. IMO spending time in the garden is a perfect way to re-charge your batteries & so will spending an afternoon catching up with a friend. Saying in very hushed tones so as not to alarm the computer, fingers crossed to your (sshhh) solved problems with the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and laughter! We laughed a lot this afternoon and I feel tons better because of that. My next job it to try to comment ... fingers are crossed that it all goes well. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've spend a couple of lovely days, relaxing on one day and spending time with a friend on the other.
    Too bad that M wasn't able to fit you in on Thursday and the new rose won't be delivered yet, but, your plants should be fine in their pots until M can plant them next week.
    Good idea to wait until you've spoken with the doctor before restocking your freezer, just in case you need to tweak your diet.
    Glad to see that you are able to comment on blogs, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two days have been great and today I'm relaxing at home on my own. M will be here on Thursday so it's not too long to wait, but it would have been nice to get the new plants in while the temperature has dropped slightly - still hot and sunny but not quite as hot as it has been. The nemesias are plug plants and have now started to flower so that will make placement a bit easier ... one plus from the delay!

      In addition to anything the doctor does/says I want to resume focusing on losing weight so I think my diet is going to need to be tweaked anyway.

      It's good to be able to comment again although it's not without problems. It took four attempts to comment on your post yesterday xx

      Delete
  6. A red rose sounds beautiful. I do hope you will post a photograph of the planter once it has been filled. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there will definitely be photos! xx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you a had a lovely relaxing day the day before this post. Think we sometimes need those kind of days. My poor car needs a good old wash. It's been through some dirt and bugs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially during the hot weather we're having. The heat wears me out so am taking every opportunity to relax.

      My car was disgusting and long overdue a good clean. I won't leave it so long next time. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts