Weekly Reflections

another possibility for the SPSH, No 5 - bridge
this is the Monet bridge at The Courts Garden
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

    • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
    • getting my hair cut and feeling human again!
    • buying some more plants for the pots
    • enjoying a lovely clean home with no effort on my part ... the new cleaners started this week
    • chatting with M and coming up with ideas for the planting in the new planters
    • being asked to resume teaching ... I declined, but it's still nice to be asked
    • meeting with some of the 'Something Snappy' group for a photo session using our DSLRs
    • ticking some more things off the 'Big To-Do List'
    • enjoying the new series of The Great British Sewing Bee
    • adding some more dates to my diary
    • spending a couple of evenings sitting out in the garden, mostly reading but also writing to a friend who hasn't joined the 21st century and doesn't 'do' emails and texts! 
    • gradually increasing the time spent exercising every day
    • seeing blue skies and fluffy white clouds
    • enjoying a morning's photography walk amble at The Courts Garden with Joy
    • getting the last available next day grocery delivery slot
    • treating myself to an ice cream from the Mr Treats bike powered ice cream cart that stopped outside my home ... haven't seen one of those carts in years!
    • finally being able to comment on a blog ... just the one (Lady Ella's), but it's a step in the right direction

    I am grateful ...
    • for the support of family, friends, and neighbours
    • for working appliances, especially that the problem with my washing machine seems to have corrected itself so I don't need to replace it just yet
    • for all M's help in the garden

    Comments

    1. That's great that you now have cleaners coming in, a job many of us dislike doing.I'm enjoying the return of the Sewing Bee too. Good to know your blogging issues are slowly getting sorted, this blog post updated in my reading list today xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They're only coming once a fortnight so I will still need to do bits in between visits but am happy that I won't need to worry about the bulk of the cleaning anymore.

        I'm enjoying the Sewing Bee but haven't settled on a favourite yet. I agreed with both eliminations so far though.

        I'm glad the reading list issue seems to have sorted itself out so quickly. I think it was probably only my previous post that was affected as that didn't have many views at all. Thanks for letting me know. xx

        Delete
    2. I'm loving Sewing Bee and have found a YouTube channel that complements it rather well. I'll mentioning it in my blog tomorrow. xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That sound interesting! Are you as hooked on YouTube as I am ... it seems to be taking up the majority of my free time lately! xx

        Delete
    3. Glad you've had a good week. Like you we are starting to tick the "big to do list". Fence in May and hopefully the shed roof in June, fingers crossed. I have also been letter writing this week, I write to my cousin in New York who is 94 and an other member of the family who is 84, neither of them do e-mails or text. I like sending and receiving letters. Helen S.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love writing letters. I used to have loads of penfriends but this one is the last. She's refusing to change and I'm secretly glad. With another group of friends we used to do a round-robin letter where everyone added their new letter to the envelope, removed their old one and then sent the envelope containing all the letters on to the next one on the list. Sadly this was replace by Zoom meets during the first lockdown, which just isn't the same. It's lovely to see them but there was something special about reading all those letters.

        Good luck with getting the shed roof done. xx

        Delete
    4. Sounds like a lovely week and how wonderful to have the cleaners tend to your house every other week!
      I really like the photo of the Monet bridge; all that greenery makes me think that it would be a lovely cool place to be in the summer.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Having the house cleaned for me is a real treat, especially now I am getting so many migraines again. It takes the pressure off me.

        That bridge is beautiful but I do know of a (potentially) better one! xx

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts