Friday

I have to hang around at home for some deliveries today so I can finish what I started yesterday, which was to spring clean the kitchen. It all started because I noticed that a couple of the freezer drawers were in need of a clean ... which led to defrosting the freezer and cleaning all of it ... which led to emptying and cleaning the fridge ... which led to emptying and cleaning the food cupboards. You get the idea?

The outside of the cupboards were cleaned by my brilliant cleaner last Friday, I've done the interiors, so what's left to do today is more of an organising exercise. I've been wanting to rearrange the kitchen cupboards for a while as the current arrangement doesn't make best use of the limited space. It sounds like an horrendous job but I have a tiny kitchen and there are only three cupboards and one shelf at the bottom of the dresser involved in this game of swapsies, so it won't take long to do. The remaining three cupboards on the other side were done when I sorted out the spices.

I'll leave you with a photo from the garden ... much more interesting than the inside of my kitchen cupboards!

Comments

  1. Beautiful colours in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. This is currently the only splash of colour in the back garden. I need to get on and tidy up the rest of it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder that I need to pick up where I left off with my own kitchen organizing! I should go through my freezer, too - I have a frost-free freezer, which is lovely because I don't need to defrost it, but that means that things sometimes remain there longer than they should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two freezers; the big one in the garage is frost free and the smaller integrated one in the kitchen is also supposed to be frost free, but for some reason it gets to the stage where it is difficult to open and close the drawers and the only solution is to defrost it. So far I’ve done it twice in six years so not too bad.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about one thing leading to another and I'm glad you're happy with your cleaner.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have absolutely no regrets about having a cleaner. She’s brilliant!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts