Friday

My plans my plans for today were to go food shopping, then back home for S as it’s her day to turn up and make my house sparkle, then an afternoon out and about with my camera for my joyful activity.

But, best laid plans and all that ... I’m not feeling well so can’t go out. It’s my own fault as I realised this morning that I didn’t take any of my medication yesterday. I need an easy day so am staying at home. Then I had a phone call from the cleaning company to say that S is poorly and offering a substitute but it suits me to have the house to myself today so I declined. The house looks clean and tidy so I’ve said I will wait until S’s next scheduled visit. 

Picking another choice from my list, my joyful activity has changed to garden planning ... I’m considering growing fruit in hanging baskets and am also looking st the possibility of a couple of patio fruit trees. I’ve grown cherry tomatoes in a hanging basket before and that was really successful, and it seems that you can now get several varieties of soft fruit to grow in hanging baskets. I have decisions to make!


I forgot to mention that I weighed myself yesterday and have lost another 3lbs.

Comments

  1. Woo hoo - three lbs is fantastic. I'm sorry you're feeling rough (and S too) but that must have cheered you up no end.
    Get well soon,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it’s mostly fluid loss so far but it’s a good start.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss. I have started to look forward to seeing what joyful activity you chose! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m thoroughly enjoying the joyful activities- it’s wonderful to wake up every morning and have something to look forward to. Thanks re the weight loss.

      Delete
  3. I grow fruits in tubs, I have gooseberries, blackcurrants, blueberries and strawberries. I also have a kiwi in a pot, but I don't expect any fruit. The tubs don't talk up much space and there are enough fruits to make it worth while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do courgettes in tubs but previous attempts at growing fruit in tubs haven’t stood up to the attentions of local cats. They didn’t touch the courgettes but flattened the soft fruit plants so I want to try something different this year.

      Delete
  4. I've had a patio pear for 3 years, think it needs re-potting as it hasn't done much growing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I decide on patio trees I think it’ll be plum and/or apple. Do they take much looking after?

      Delete
  5. Yay! Brilliant! That's nearly half a stone already! I have been going the "wrong" way lately. Still moving more, and eating good things, but too many treats (and migraines to match!) Anyway, I am intrigued about the fruit in baskets thing. I will be interested to hear how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a good start, I just have to keep going in the right direction so I don’t think I’ll follow your example! If I go ahead with the baskets I’ll try cherry tomatoes (which I know you won’t want), raspberries, strawberries and maybe blackberries. It all depends on when and how long I’ll be away for in the summer ... it may not be worth doing this year.

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better, soon! Congratulations on the weight loss! I like your joyful activity for the day. I've been thinking of hanging baskets, myself, as a way to keep the plants safe from the attentions of the garden cats! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m feeling much better now thanks Bless. It’s my own silly fault for forgetting to take my tablets. I’ll just feel very tired until I get back to normal so will have an easy weekend. I’ve had fun planning my garden but I’d need to buy more land to do all that I’d like ... I need to refine my selection of plants!

      Delete
  7. I would say The Universe was at work today for you, a day in & to yourself to do that garden planning/dreaming. Well done you loosing more weight - the Slimming World Plan is really working for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think it’s just the initial fluid loss - water retention is an issue for me - so from my point of view the jury is still out on whether Slimming World is right for me. The next 6 to 8 weeks will be the decider!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts