Tuesday

Just to warn you .... there may be swearing today! The reason? It's this ...


... I'm assembling the IKEA bedside cabinets I bought last week. I've only just started the first one so am still feeling enthusiastic and nothing has gone wrong so far ... long may that last! I usually get on okay with this sort of thing but it is one area of life where I'm missing Ced as he would have done this, not me. I'd have gone into the kitchen to make a coffee and in that time he would have had the first one almost finished, whereas it's taken me that long to get the box open!

It's book group tonight and I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone and to hear what they thought of the book. I've known everyone long enough to have some idea of their literary likes and dislikes and I think this book (The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams) will be a 'dislike' for the majority ... it'll be an interesting discussion.

In between finishing the cabinets and trotting off to book group I'd like to do some music practice; there's a possibility that I can get to the piano for the first time in ages, but this is dependent on the cabinet building going smoothly. I need to go and get on with it ... no more procrastinating!

Comments

  1. Good Luck with those cabinets. While I really like Ikea products, some of their instructions can be a little less than helpful - swear away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, these cabinets were really straightforward and no swearing was necessary!

      Delete
  2. Well done, IKEA stuff isn't the worse for flatpack, I think. Do they look nice?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look ‘just right’ 😁
      Theses weren’t my original choice; when I saw them in store I realised my original choice was too tall so I went for these instead. Photo tomorrow x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to assemble them, yourself, Eileen, even though I'm sure you missed your partner's help. I don't do too well with line drawings of what I am supposed to do. I prefer written instructions! My daughter, on the other hand, prefers the line drawings and assembled a whole roomful of Ikea furniture and more! All the furniture in her bedroom plus the family room sofas and coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not too bad at following the drawings but I struggle with the weight of the actual construction because of the problems with my shoulder. Thankfully there wasn’t much to these cabinets and they are now looking good next to the bed!

      Delete
  4. We found assembling things on the ironing board much easier.Looking forward to seeing your photos.Is the house nearly finished now.You have done so much.Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the house is nearly finished. The hall, stairs and landing, and all the internal doors will be painted at the end of April and then everything is done.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! I can’t assemble for nothing! There is an app called TAKL on which you can hire someone for a one time large home chore. Assembly of furniture is one of the services they provide. Good luck 🍀.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts