Monday

There's a load of washing in the machine, the slow cooker is filled with the ingredients for a vegetable chili for my meal tonight, and I've nearly finished the admin for today. When the washing is finished I'll drive down to the bank to deposit the busking money from Saturday, and will pick up some bread, fruit and potatoes on the way home. Then the day is my own until 3:45 pm, when the teaching starts.

a new leaf on the peace lily
I had a wander round the garden this morning to see what's happening out there. There are plenty of shoots appearing which, I think, are the summer snowflakes and the crocosmia, but time will tell! What isn't happening is me getting out and finishing the clearing, so that needs to move up my priority list - half and hour a day (minimum) will soon get it cleared. 

The trellis on the back wall which the clematis grows up has broken in last night's wind so a decision has been made for me! Before this happened I was debating whether to remove the trellis to place the table and chairs against that wall, and move the clematis to the side of the garden instead. Now seems to be the ideal time to do that, I just have to decide where exactly I want the clematis to be - somewhere where I can see it from the living room window as I'll get more enjoyment from it then. I need to do it soon as the clematis is waking up and producing its new growth.

Comments

  1. I've decided that every time I go upstairs, I will pick up five books that need to go, either to the recycling or to the charity shop.
    I'm not getting it done any other way, sadly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve made more progress since I’ve dealt with it in small chunks rather than feeling defeated by the amount that has to be done.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your day has started off with lots done. Yes Mother Nature often gives a helping hand to rearrangement of the garden, (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it’s been a good day and I managed to get a lot done. I could do with Mother Nature slowing down until I’m ready though!

      Delete
  3. I like to get my jobs done first thing on a morning and then I know everything that has to be done is done and the rest of the time is my own. It's amazing how quickly something gets done if you allocate a set amount of time each day to it, that seems a good way to go about the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too aim to do my ‘must do’ jobs out of the way in the morning, otherwise they’re on my mind all day. The forecast is rain every day so I don’t know how much gardening will be done this week.

      Delete
  4. I need to adopt your goal of getting the "must do" jobs done in the morning, or, at least, the early afternoon! I tend to put off till evening and then, run out of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always manage to do everything in the morning, but when I do it's improved the whole day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts