Me On Monday ...

... is feeling relaxed and rested after a quiet weekend, and planning a few things for the week. I'd like to tweak the rhythm of my days, going back to doing exercise and any chores in the morning to leave the remainder of the day for whatever takes my fancy.

So, looking at this week I have a short list of must do tasks, which include ...

... contacting my GP surgery to arrange for a telephone consultation. I need some help with pain control and also want to discuss the recurring knee problem.

... speak to the roofer, who failed to turn up as promised. I think it's likely I will end up cancelling and finding someone else to do the work as he also let Julie down, so maybe isn't too reliable. Julie has found someone else for the work she wants done, so I will contact him instead.

... clear space in the garage for the items to be donated or disposed. The recycling yard has reopened but under the new arrangements the staff will not help you unload your car, which means I will have to wait until normal service is resumed as I won't be able to manage alone.

I'd also like to ring the changes with my choices for keeping myself amused. The days are starting to drag and a degree of boredom is creeping in so I will make the effort to do some different things. I have plenty to choose from but I think this week will include ...

... getting on with the crochet. I have everything I need so my only excuse is that I haven't been disciplined about doing this.

... resume some daily calligraphy practice. I've let this slip so will set aside 30 minutes or so every day to focus on this.

... take the car out for a drive. I still haven't decided where to go but the car needs a run out and I desperately need a change of scene. If the National Trust carpark has been reopened, a drive out to Avebury is a possibility as there is plenty of scope for social distancing there even if lots of other people have the same idea. If not, maybe a drive over to Bradford on Avon and a walk along the river.

The weather forecast is promising for the entire week so I'd like to spend as much time as possible  sitting out on the patio to enjoy the sunshine.


Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: knee strengthening exercises
  • in the fresh air: spend the afternoon sitting out on the patio 
  • around the house: dusting and hoovering
  • achievement: continue sorting through the files from my old laptop 
  • social: blogging, choir practice
  • fun: calligraphy

Comments

  1. I like your plans for the week! A few changes to the routine will be good, I think, and a drive would be welcome after staying home all these weeks. :) I hope you can have that phone consultation with your GP and find out what is going on with your knee. I'm sorry the roofer was a no-show, but, hopefully, you can find someone else who will be more reliable. Our weather forecast calls for rain! I'll believe it when I see it, but, probably, we'll just have some cloudy, overcast days; they don't call it "May Gray" for no reason! Hope your week goes well, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to feel restless so need to introduce some changes where I can. I've booked a telephone consultation for later in the week and will sort out the roofer problem next.

      According to the forecast, Wednesday is supposed to be our warmest day this week so I will probably go out for my drive on Thursday or Friday, as I think the promised heat on Wednesday will encourage people to be outdoors.

      Hope you have a good week too, Bless x

      Delete
  2. Changes are good, aren't they, when they are a response to a perceived need.
    What a nuisance about the roofer and fingers crossed about the other guy. You'll find someone, I am sure.
    Hoping the GP can sort out the pain issues.

    I find getting the chores done first thing works really well for me. It's nice to have it off my mind so I can enjoy whatever else I want to do. I don't count allotment as a chore really but it's a daily need (or will be once the warm and dry spells come along) so it's a good habit to get into.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few tweaks will hopefully be enough to improve things for now. It doesn't need much of a change, just little bits here and there. I prefer to get the boring household things out of the way first thing otherwise it's on my mind that it still needs to be done.

      I will speak to my GP later this week and will deal with the roofing issue as soon as I finish my blog visits.

      Delete
  3. I am with you in wanting a change of scene. Our big outing this week is for Mr Man's scheduled eye injection. I think sitting on your patio is going to do a lot for your being, hopefully you will hear the birds singing. Fingers crossed that the Doctor's consultation proves just the ticket to getting things sorted for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am concentrating on bolstering up my emotional well-being rather than simply keeping myself occupied.

      Delete
  4. Just not showing up doesn't bode well for dealing with him in the future. What a shame :(

    A bit of variety does help keep boredom at bay :) You are good at planning your days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He turned up today before I could cancel so the roof is sorted now. I'm glad to get it done but won't deal with him again.

      It'd be so easy to waste the day and do nothing but I'd soon sink into depression so I plan to avoid that happening.

      Delete
  5. I have been to Avebury only once and walking by the stones found the atmosphere quite affecting and 'different'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Avebury but sadly, a visit will have to wait because the National Trust haven't reopened the car park yet. I know exactly what you mean by the atmosphere of the place. It always affects me more than Stonehenge.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your first trip out. It is difficult to choose where to go where there is plenty of space. How far are you from Longleat? Is Heavens Gate open or Shearwater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. They're not officially open though apparently are very busy so I'll avoid them for now. I spoke to neighbours who have been walking every day and they said the canal towpath is very quiet in the afternoons so that's a possibility.

      Delete
  7. I hope you will find a reliable roofer. It’s not easy to find trustworthy tradesmen these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original roofer turned up yesterday so I let him do the work, rather than leave myself in the position where I had to find someone else. Thankfully it's completed now so I can stop wysbout it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts