High Tea with Family and Friends

Yesterday was a lovely, gentle day. I was so cold I switched the heating back on and had a snuggly morning watching TV and reading, quite often at the same time!

My groceries were delivered as arranged. I received everything I ordered with just one item being substituted for a more expensive brand, which I'm not complaining about as I only paid the cheaper price so it was a bargain. I won't need to worry about getting another delivery until we're nearing the end of June.

The roofer turned up as promised and confirmed the lead flashing needs attention but it's a simple job which we have agreed he will do one day this week. I think it's one of those end of the day jobs that he'll fit in depending on how his main job for the week is progressing, but I'm not going out so it suits me.

Choir practice went ahead at the usual time and was good fun. We worked on For Good (my favourite), Budapest, and Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World. Afterwards I watched The Midnight Gang musical.

Today I'm having high tea with friends and family to celebrate what would have been Ced's birthday so I will be baking up a few goodies for that this morning. It'll be a zoom chat and I'd also like to phone his brother for a private chat beforehand. 

This evening I'm going to watch Les Choristes, a (subtitled) French film which I bought after it was recommended on a blog some time ago (sorry, I can't remember who's blog it was). It's set in a boy's school and features a choir ... there's something very moving about the pure sound of boy's voices and I love the music in this film.

Comments

  1. Great news about getting the roof sorted. Simple is great!
    Wishing you comfort as you celebrate Ced's birthday and remember him with those who also loved him.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a lovely day. A few tears but mostly lots of laughter and wonderful memories.

      Delete
  2. At first I thought I had seen the English version of Les Choristes - but after looking at the trailer - I'm not sure. I will add it to my list. I always enjoy "school" movies, ones that feature the relationship between teachers and students. Mr Holland's Opus, Dead Poets Society, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware there was a dubbed version - my copy is definitely subtitled. I haven't seen Mr Holland's Opus so will add that to the list of ones to watch - it looks like the full film is on YouTube.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy your High Tea chat with everyone. What a wonderful way to celebrate Ced's birthday. I agree that a little boy's choir is a delight to listen to, I think it's why I like my King's College Choir CDs so much. Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time celebrating his life.

      Yes, a good boy's choir is a pleasure to listen to. Kings has that extra special sound due in part to the acoustics in their chapel.

      Delete
  4. We're expecting a high today in the upper 50s F, and I've put on sweatpants and turned on the heat lol Brrrrr!!! Congratulations on a good delivery experience :) and the roofing job sounds like it'll soon be sorted. I like when things go smoothly :) High tea via zoom sounds enjoyable. I'll look up the film. It sounds interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are going according to plan at the moment so I'm happy about that. The tea was lovely and I enjoyed my choice of films tonight ... it's been a good day.

      Delete
  5. Yesterday sounds like it was a very good day, even if you had to turn on the heating! I'm glad the roofer was able to check on the flashing and it is a simple fix which will be done soon. And how nice that the groceries were delivered and it included everything you ordered and the one substitution with a more expensive brand didn't cost you any extra! Glad you had choir practice, too.

    I hope that today goes equally well for you. The online high tea with family and friends to commemorate Ced's birthday sounds like a lovely thing to do. It's good to share memories of the past and make more memories for the future. Take care of yourself and stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relieved that the roof issue turned out to be a simple and cheap fix and the full grocery order was delivered ... two things I can stop worrying about.

      It's been a day full of happy memories and just a few tears.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts