Having A Pottering Sort Of Day

I don't have any housework on the list for today so will spend a couple of hours this morning pottering about. I know I have to tidy up the board games because I knocked them out of the cupboard last night when I was looking for a new jigsaw and I need to put all the pieces back in the correct boxes. It shouldn't take too long, she say's hopefully! There's some admin to bring up to date and a few odd jobs I'd like to get out of the way. Then I'll spend the rest of the morning working on the photo organising.

Pottering will continue this afternoon but this time flitting between fun things. It's most likely to be piano, jigsaw, and reading, but could be anything ... I'll see what I feel like. Tonight it's the online quiz with L and J, and afterwards I'll choose a film to watch. 

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing
  • in the fresh air: open the windows to air the house 
  • around the house: admin, bits and bobs
  • achievement: continue sorting through the files from my old laptop 
  • social: blogging, quiz with J and L
  • fun: reading, piano, jigsaw puzzle

Comments

  1. What a nuisance about the games. I agree that it shouldn't take too long and at least you will know that they are tide (although I expect the already were).
    I see that there are no more ALW shows. That's sad.
    Have a super day
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will still be shows on Fridays,just not ALW ones. It's the Sound of Music this week. It's a shame about ALW because there are others of his that have definitely been filmed - Evita and Starlight Express being two of them. I like the Sound of Music so I'm happy with this week's offering.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day, Eileen. How nice to have all the housework done! That's the reward for not procrastinating! Well done! You deserve a day to potter about! Enjoy the quiz and reading, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished for today as well (it's 10:30 am). I'm trying a new schedule so I cleaned through the house over three mornings, about 60 - 90 minutes each time. The fourth morning is admin and odds and ends or maybe to do something extra that I wouldn't do during my normal cleaning like windows or wiping down paintwork. The other three days are housework free ... that's the plan anyway. So far I'm pleased with how it's going.

      It's very hot here today, too hot for me to be outside, so I'm reading in the living room which usually stays lovely and cool.

      Delete
  3. A good rounded sort of day for you. I was also hoping for ALW's Evita - we had tickets for the local theatre this summer for Evita, alas not going to happen for me (this year). Our library staff called me yesterday, they will be opening for pick ups only starting tomorrow. We will not be allowed in the library, a gowned, masked staff member will bring your books to you & place in the boot (trunk) of your car. It's a start, I am SO excited to have an actual book to read this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's good news that the Shows Must Go On is continuing.

      That's a good arrangement with the library but I think I'd still be anxious about the virus being on the books although leaving them untouched for the recommended 72 hours should be okay. As you say, at least you'll have actual books to read, so enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have an enjoyable day. I love being able to open the windows in the house. It certainly helps having lovely fresh air coming inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely day thanks. It does make a difference being able to keep all the doors and windows open, bringing the outside in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts