Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • winning the weekly quiz organised by one of my neighbours
  • chatting face to face with Julie and Lauren
  • hearing a beautiful arrangement of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I've listened to it every day since, so thank you to the friend who sent it ... you know who you are
  • hopefully finding someone to help with the garden
  • my car starting  first time
  • phone calls with J and L, and messaging with other friends

I am grateful ...
  • for all the offers of help 
  • for the life I have
  • to Mary-Lou for mentioning the videos by Dr John Campbell. I have watched some of them and feel much better informed about many of the issues relating to the coronavirus situation as a result

Comments

  1. Lovely reflections. I'm so pleased you are close to finding someone for the garden - I find it a great help. OK, he does the bits I don't want to do while I do all the interesting bits, but that's the way it goes and we both win.
    My fingers are very crossed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping she is interested in doing the work. Luckily most of it is paved but I have really let it go and need someone to sort it out and then maintain it for me. I'll know on Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful reasons to be cheerful and grateful. I am so glad the week was a good one. Home next week, too, will be filled with more reasons to be cheerful and grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something to be cheerful/grateful about when I look forward it and I'm sure that next week will be good too.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for that "shout out". I have found there is a lot of noise out there regarding COVID-19. Dr John Campbell is just so calm & he's well informed. I also watch a Canadian doctor's info, Dr Andy Thompson, he gives only info about Canada, so that's why I like to balance it with Dr Campbell's world view.

    Yes about starting the car regularly. Fingers crossed you have found yourself a reliable gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. He is well informed and explains everything properly.

      She's coming on Wednesday so at least I don't have long to wait.

      Delete
  4. There's much to be thankful for even in these days. You are great at noticing these things and fully appreciating them :)

    I hope your gardener works out. My car _didn't_ start the other day, having left it too many weeks without attention, so I have a renewed appreciation of your joy on that front lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't used to be good at noticing but am getting better with practice.

      The car really needs to be taken out for a long drive but that's not going to happen any time soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts