Wednesday

It's just after 9 am and all my chores are done for the day ... sometimes it's worth getting up early! I've just washed the downstairs floors and have settled in the living room to write this post while they dry.

Yesterday, in terms of the weather, was a bit disappointing as it was too breezy to sit out - I kept getting grit in my eye so abandoned the idea and stayed indoors. The breeze was whipping the plants around so photographing any if the flowers just wasn't going to happen either. Let's hope today is better!

I've reached the end of the first stage of sorting the digital photos so I could stop now if I wanted to. All the files are in one filing system on my laptop and I have cleared the old laptops and put them in the garage ready to be donated. I am going to carry on though, so now have to decide what I want do do with all the digital photos. I've already deleted any duplicates but need to decide whether I want to keep every single photo - I have so many photos taken specifically for scavenger hunts and I think most of them can go. The ones I used are on the blog and I can't see the point of keeping the ones I rejected at the time as I never look at them. There are a few which are 'good' photos rather than snaps so they will be staying but the rest will probably go ... assuming I'm brave enough to press the button! I'll work on the family and friends folder next as I definitely want to keep them so will l start labelling and tagging them to make searching easier in the future.

I'll do some work on the photos next and then move outside for part of the afternoon. It's supposed to be the hottest day this week so I don't know how long I'll last in the sun before I will! I've been spending my time reading a selection of articles to do with family history research but I started a promising novel yesterday and am itching to carry on with that - 'Haven't They Grown' by Sophie Hannah.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing
  • in the fresh air: open the windows to air the house 
  • around the house: kitchen and dining room plus wash floors downstairs 
  • achievement: continue sorting through the files from my old laptop 
  • social: blogging, phone calls to family and friends
  • fun: reading, piano, watch a film

Comments

  1. Sorting your photos is such a huge project, so well done getting them all together. You have reminded me, I need to wash our kitchen floor! I was excited to read that our library will open next week but only for drop off & pick up - not sure how they are going to organize this, but it is a start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to take hours and hours of effort to sort it as I'd like so I'll continue to chip away at it.

      I have been making use of our library's online service for ebooks and audio books. There are mumblings about them reopening with a limited service but I doubt I will be borrowing any books from the shelves for quite a while.

      Delete
  2. Oh I need to sort photos, gotta quit procrastinating. At least I am productive in other areas, solely to justify not sorting photos sometimes. I do like cleaning house early in the week since the lockdown began, it seems to start my week off right. I used to do it on Thursday, so the house was clean for visitors on the weekends. I look forward to moving it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd had a few half-hearted attempts, all of which I'd failed to finish so the photo storage was a complete mess and this is the perfect time to do it! I'm glad I've started it and actually feel confident that I will complete it this time!

      I like the early morning slot for housework. In three sessions I've tackled every room so am happy with that.

      Delete
  3. I love it when the weather cooperates with my plans. I enjoy days when I can open up the house and get some fresh air moving through :) You must be quite satisfied to have gotten the photo project to this point. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely now it's warm enough to open up the windows and air the house. I've had doors and windows open all day so far.

      Thanks, I am feeling good about how the photo sorting is going, considering how many times I've tried to do this and abandoned it half way.

      Delete
  4. You've had a very productive day! Mopped the downstairs before 9:00 a.m.?! My goodness! Well done on sorting all your photos, too! Or, at least, getting them all onto one computer! I admit I delete most of my photos on a regular basis simply because I don't have the storage space on my laptop! Hope you have a lovely rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wide awake at 6am which is the only reason all the housework was done before 9 am!

      I back up all the photos on a separate hard drive so they won't all stay on my laptop. It's just easier to have them all in one place for now.

      Hope you have a lovely day too, Bless x

      Delete
  5. Well done with the photos. It's so satisfying when it's all done, isn't it?
    xxz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do admit to feeling rather smug that I've got this far with it! 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts