Organising, Music Practice, and Choir

I've had a lovely relaxing, though cold, weekend and very nearly feel raring to go! 

The electricity was off for most of yesterday morning and then was intermittent for a good part of the afternoon. It was a cold, drab day anyway so it was a case of hunting out some woolies to keep warm. I spent the day either reading or working on the latest jigsaw and I've made some  progress at long last. This is the picture on the box, which shows a series of photos of the same room ...



... and this is the actual puzzle, which shows the room from a different angle. All the elements of the pictures on the box cover are there but you have to work out the new angle and position in the puzzle.


However, the high spot of the weekend was winning the weekly street quiz. I received my prize yesterday, plus another offer to collect any shopping I may need - they shop every Tuesday so I just have to pop a note through their door by Monday night. I forgot to ask how they manage the payment side of things. The prize was lovely and has joined my stash in the cupboard to be enjoyed at a later date ...



Today I will spend some time during the morning sorting out the digital photo files but probably in 30 minute slots with breaks in between. I have thousands of photos to look through so this will take weeks to do properly. The first stage is to move every photo file into the correct folder, then delete duplicates and any out of focus shots. If I lose interest at this stage I will end up with a workable filing system but I plan to carry on and add sub-folders, then label and tag every photo. It's a huge task but in a strange sort of way I am looking forward to getting it done ... and I definitely have the time to do it!

In between sorting the photos I want to make a start on reducing the contents of the music room cupboards. I'm sure there must still be plenty of music books and sheet music that can go now I am no longer teaching - I only need to keep the ones that I use myself or which I'm keeping for Miss C. I feel ready to get this done even though it's not possible to dispose of the unwanted things yet - at least it will be ready for when the charity shops reopen. While I'm in the music room I will fit in some music practice as well ... tenor horn this week but I'll use a mute so I don't scare the neighbours!

I say it's not possible to dispose of unwanted things at present but I am considering trying to sell a few items on eBay. I discovered that it's possible to pay for postage online and print the 'stamp' at home. I have quite a few items which, if bought, could be posted in a post box rather than having to take it to the Post Office so I may have a go.  I can get to and from the nearest post box easily and won't need to ask anyone to risk queueing in the Post Office on my behalf. My hesitation is down to whether the postal system should just be used for essentials, which doesn't include the things I want to sell ... I'll have to look into it.

If it stays dry I will spend some time this afternoon in the garden, reading and enjoying some fresh air, and this evening it's the weekly choir practice. We are working on Sisi Sote, The Journey, and One Way Or Another/Hit Me With Your Best Shot this time.

Today's list of things to do:
  • physical: nothing
  • in the fresh air: spend the afternoon sitting out on the patio (hopefully!)
  • around the house: toilets, wipe down paintwork on stairs and landing
  • achievement: continue sorting through the files from my old laptop
  • social: blogging, choir practice
  • fun: reading, playing my tenor horn

Comments

  1. I'm sorry your electricity went out! But, glad it came back before anything in your fridge and freezer could spoil! That is a challenging jigsaw puzzle but, looks like you've made a very good start on it! Congratulations on winning the street quiz! Nice prize, too. :)

    Sounds like organizing your photos will be a long-term project. Good luck on the decluttering. I should get back to it, myself! I have some stuff in the garage that should be tossed, as well! I looked at it, today, heaved a big sigh, and left it all in place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a long term project but well worth doing. I'm going to carry on with the decluttering and store it in the garage until I can dispose of it properly.

      Delete
  2. Well done you on winning the quiz - what a perfect prize. That puzzle looks difficult. Our postal system is now offering ship/print from home for businesses in phase one of this new method. The world of shopping has taken on a whole new level of being possible. My weekend thrill & joy was discovering a greenhouse just one road over has set up a click & collect method. I sent in my annual plants list yesterday. Phase one of our relaxing lockdown included garden centres being allowed to open but only for curbside pick ups. I caught up on your weekend posts, so glad the card has cheered you. Any reasons why your electricity was out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell there is currently no restrictions on the postal system. However there has been quite a lot of discussion in various forums about using the post for non essentials. The lockdown instructions all focus on only permitting what is essential and people are questioning whether we should be expecting the postal workers to deal with handling non essentials.

      They are announcing how lockdown will be relaxed later this week but there is no date for when this will be.

      Delete
  3. What an I interesting puzzle! I like!
    And congratulations on the quiz win. Sounds as if you live in a lovely street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely people. In normal times I rarely see any of them - I am the first house in the close and they all drive past mine to get to their homes so I only really see them to wave at. The neighbours I know properly actually live in the next street but their house is joined to mine and our garages are together so I see them frequently. The kindness of everyone is so heartening. They know I live alone and that I can't go out so are checking frequently - two children come along every day to check that the green card is still displayed in my window!

      I like jigsaws that are not quite what it shows on the cover picture - this one certainly lives up to that expectation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts