Slowing Down

I slept on and off all day yesterday so am giving in and letting life just happen for the next few days ... it's time to listen to my body again and slow down.

My new jigsaws arrived so they have been wiped down and put to one side for now. The one I'm doing is going to take another week or so to complete at my current rate of progress. 

We didn't do the weekly quiz in the end. J is still working so couldn't make it anyway and I didn't feel up to it so spoke to L and we'll try again next week. 

I was supposed to be going to the Hay Festival later this month but it's obviously been cancelled in response to the pandemic, so imagine my delight when a friend messaged me to say that there will now be a (reduced) digital festival instead. It won't be the same but a good replacement, and comes with the even better news that it is free! 

So it's going to be another taking it easy sort of day today, just pottering about doing whatever I fancy. It's the choir quiz at 6 o'clock followed by the Andrew Lloyd Webber release, which is By Jeeves. I've never seen it and I don't think I know any of the songs either. I do know it was a commercial flop but I'll watch it anyway.

Comments

  1. I was going to watch By Jeeves this evening but there's a lot of VE day stuff on so I think Jeeves can wait until tomorrow.
    I'm glad you are taking it carefully. AFter all, you were quite poorly not that long ago.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I going to have to give in and see my doctor. I can't shake off whatever it is that's making me feel so poorly.

      Delete
  2. I agree that you need to get in to see your doctor. You don't want this to linger. Maybe when you call the surgery the office will advise you to the precautions they have taken to keep everyone safe & at a social distance. I know that several doctors here do Zoom or telephone appointments to make an initial assessment & then if necessary they see you in person. We are lucky that pharmacists (chemist) can also make appointments to assess & even prescribe some medications. Do you have access to anonymous health chat lines just to talk to someone about your concerns? I am sending lots of happy healing positive thoughts over the pond (& through the snow flurries!!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be easy enough to get a telephone consultation next week (it's a Bank Holiday today). The chemists here will assess and recommend treatment but I take too many meds and thus is an ongoing issue, so they will only refer me to my GP anyway.

      I'm not particularly worried but it's something that been going on for too long and is not in anyway connected with the coronavirus situation - I'm just going through a rough patch at the moment and time, with maybe some stronger pain killers, will sort me out.

      Thanks for the healing vibes ☺️

      Delete
  3. A virtual festival would appeal to me. No crowds ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true and no extortionate parking fees either. The more I think about it, the better it's sounding.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly and hope that you will feel better, soon. Good idea to rest and take it easy. Get as much rest as possible over the weekend, too - everything else can wait.

    By the way, just being nosy here, but, did you meet with the person who was coming to check the garden to see what work needed to be done? Or, has it been postponed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm not planning on doing much this weekend at all.

      The gardener is coming on Wednesday 13th so only a few more days to wait.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts