Thursday

I heard from G, my hairdresser, yesterday. She is hoping to resume work in July and, as well as notifying all of her customers, provided details of how she will operate to reduce as much as possible any risk of cross contamination between the houses she visits. One option, and the one I have opted for as I think it's the best, is to pay for my own gown, sectioning clips and comb as she won't be able to disinfect these between customers: I will keep these myself and she will disinfect the scissors each time she finishes a haircut (she does this anyway). She's obviously going to wear a mask as well. I paid for the goodies but don't know if I will want to have the close contact of a haircut, even wearing masks, in July ... it depends in part on the advice for high risk adults when the shielding date is up in June.

I've been sorted out by the surgery and now have all the ointment and tablets I need to get through the hay fever season ... the chemist delivered everything by midday, which was brilliant service. 

It's the quiz with J and L tonight. Well, it's supposed to be but at the moment I'm wondering whether I feel up to it, but it doesn't start until 8pm so a day of rest and meds should turn that round. I think it'll be another pamper day, maybe reading or watching a film, but I will drag myself away from the sofa to bring the wheelie bin in once it has been emptied!

Comments

  1. Well, I guess it is good to know that G is back to giving hair cuts and you will have your own equipment to minimize contamination. You will be prepared and you will have all of June to decide what you want to do. I'm glad you have the medications you need and are planning to take it easy, today. Hope you feel well enough to take part in the quiz. Enjoy your day and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already feel better than I did when I woke up so the meds are starting to work.

      As for the hairdresser, my initial reaction was that I wouldn't take the risk but at some stage I will have to. It's a whole month away so things may have changed by then.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better with the meds on board. Your hairdresser G sounds like she is well organized for the new way of doing things. Mr Man hasn't heard from his hair dresser, she works from her home, but Mr Man isn't rushing back, he says let those that want to rush in, let T work out the bugs & then he'll make an appt. Thankfully I can put this off even longer, just pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have naturally curly hair, usually kept short, so will need a haircut soon. I may need to attempt it myself for now and, as I'm not going out it won't really matter what it looks like. 😂

      It is reassuring that she's thought about how to stay safe and if it's not raining, I can always sit out on the patio for the haircut. I'll probably wait until August at the earliest ... like Mr Man says, work out the bugs first.

      Delete
  3. I desperately need a haircut! I'm not too worried about going when mine does reopen as she works in a smaller place with individual booths. I have already had two appointments cancelled as they are still all shut but have another mid-June so we shall see. I daren't try to cut it myself. I'd just end up cutting it shorter and shorter until there was nothing left lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mines getting too long but is still in good shape so my plan is to cut the same amount off everywhere. In theory I should end up with a reasonably neat version of my usual style. That's the theory anyway. The reality will probably be a disaster 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts