Ladies Who Lunch in Lacock

I've had a lovely day today.  I met up with my lovely friend, Lyn, in Lacock.  For those of you who don't know it, Lacock is a village in Wiltshire which is owned by the National Trust and is a popular location for films and television, including the Harry Potter series, BBC's Cranford Chronicles and Pride and Prejudice.  I went early to take some photographs but the skies opened on the way there so I sat in the car until Lyn arrived rather than brave the heavy downpour. 

a gift of flowers for Lyn




















We had lunch at the George Inn, lots to eat so I'm not too hopeful of any weight loss this week! Plenty of time to chat and catch up on everything and of course, as always in Lyn's company, lots of laughter.  Thanks Lyn!  It was just what I needed. 

After we'd eaten the weather had miraculously cleared up so we went for a quick walk around the village so that I could take some photos.  They're not particluarly good but I'll post them anyway and make a mental note to do better next time! 

one of the timber-framed buildings in the High Street
 
Lacock ford


Lyn choosing some plants from the honesty sale
outside one of the houses


Lyn


these flowers were displayed outside
one of the houses

The Sign of the Angel, a restaurant in Church Street

a timber-framed building in Church Street

The George Inn where we had lunch

Comments

  1. I've never been there but it looks lovely. Sounds as if you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great place.

    Love the flowers.

    Glad you had a great day Eileen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts