The Simple Woman's Daybook - 3 September 2011

FOR TODAY - Saturday, 3rd September 2011, 14:46pm

Outside my window... is a very dull, grey day.

I am thinking... that I need to get a move on.  I have to finish sewing the name labels on Tinkerbell and Tweenie's new school uniforms.

I am thankful... for my new online friends.  This blog, and the friends I have made through it, have made a big difference to my life.

I am learning ... to make better use of my time.

In the kitchen... there is chaos - the freezer is defrosting and I haven't put the shopping away yet.  We're having chicken for tonight's meal. Hopefully!

I am wearing... t shirt and skirt.

I am creating... some more worksheets for my new pupils. - for the beginners this time.

I am going... to sort out the kitchen and then do an online order for a delivery of goodies to start restocking the freezer.

I am wondering... nothing in particular - too busy panicking about the state of the kitchen!

I am reading... I've just finished reading 'The Distant Hours' by Kate Morton - I really enjoyed it.  I haven't chosen what I'm going to read next but I have lots to choose from - I get all my books from my sister and she's just sent another load round.

I am hoping... that we get some good(ish) news from the hospital next week.

I am looking forward to... starting teaching again.

I am hearing... Doris Day singing - Ced is watching 'The Man Who Knew Too Much'.

Around the house... believe it or not, the house is still tidy.  It's much more relaxing.

I am pondering... how to make best use of the few days left before I go back to work.

One of my favorite things...  reading a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week: hospital appointment for Ced on Tuesday, teaching Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Here is a thought I am sharing ... I'm not sure that I totally agree with this statement.  Is imagination more important than, or is it equally as important as, knowledge?


If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site.

Comments

  1. I think either imagination AND knowledge are hopeless on their own.Feet on the ground, head in the clouds; that's the way to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts