A Quiet Morning and an Afternoon in Bath

Thank you all so much for your kind comments yesterday. I didn't do anything special on the anniversary of Ced's death as he'd specifically asked me not to. I choose to remember that he lived and so celebrate his life on his birthday instead.

Yesterday turned out to be busier than I'd planned. I didn't want to stay in so decided to do the monthly food shop just to get me out of the house. It took absolutely ages! Why do I always end up in the queue where the till operator has to keep sending for prices? And why do I always end up in the queue where the till goes wrong but I can't change aisles because I've already unloaded my trolley on to the conveyor? And then when it is finally my turn, why do I always have to wait while they change operators because it is break time? In the end I was in the supermarket for almost two hours!

Anyway, I rushed home and only had time to put the frozen foods in the freezer before it was time to leave to meet J. We had a good afternoon together which was much better for me than staying at home alone on that particular day. I stayed for much longer than usual and was tired by the time I got home, only to realise that I still had to unpack the rest of the shopping before I could go to bed.

Today is going to be much better. I'm having a quiet morning and then this afternoon am off to Bath to see Once at the Theatre Royal. I'm going earlier than I need to so I have time to take some street photographs for the U3A group ready for next week, and to find a parking space in the car park nearest the theatre. I'll count my walk around Bath as my daily walk as I'm allowing 90 minutes to take the photos and then get to the theatre.

Comments

  1. Have a lovely day.
    Shopping can be a right pain, I agree. You can see the attraction of online shopping, can't you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can definitely see the attraction of online shopping and I am seriously considering that option for next month for all the basics. I can get the meat and veg from the local farm shop in a separate shop.

      Delete
  2. Those long waits at the grocery store check out line are the worst, aren't they? Two hours is a long time to grocery shop! Glad you had a nice visit with J and was able to spend time with a friend instead of being home, alone.

    Sounds like you've a nice day planned, for today. Hope the trip to Bath goes well and you find lots of photos to take. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it's now pouring with rain so the photo session seems unlikely. The last thing I want is to arrive at the theatre in wet clothes, so the photos will have to be done another day.

      Delete
  3. That was a long time in the supermarket.If I am a long time it is usually because I have been chatting!!I live in a small market town with a large Tesco .It is like a social club.You always see someone you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusually, I didn't see anyone I knew this time.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of grocery shopping, but like you I seem to always end up in the slow queue. I'm the type of shopper that if I don't need something down a particular aisle, I don't go down it - hence why I like my shopping list so much. I hope you enjoy the theatre tonight & yes better to be dry through that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was absolutely brilliant. I loved it!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like my luck with picking the wrong queue! Your theatre trip sounds really fun! Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts