All About ... this Autumn

Back in July I prepared a list of activities to do during the summer.  It worked well and I thoroughly enjoyed myself; apart from keeping myself busy it was good to have things in my diary to look forward to, so I'm taking the same approach for autumn.  Because I don't know my actual retirement date yet, I haven't planned quite so many things.

My list so far, taking me up to the first week of December is:
  • Trowbridge Apple Festival
  • Wells Food Festival
  • National Theatre Live - Hamlet, starring Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Harry Potter Experience
  • Mary Poppins at Bristol Hippodrome
  • National Theatre Live - Of Mice and Men
  • Bath Christmas Market
  • Henning When's Authentic German Christmas Do
In addition I'll have my regular social events, i.e, photo walks, games evenings, book groups, curry nights and quiz nights.  I'll also be busy with the band as carol playing commitments start at the end of the November, when we play at the shopper's carol service in St James' Church, and continue for most of December. 
 
When I list it down like this I seem to be really busy, but it's nowhere near as manic as my summer plans were and there's plenty to look forward to!

Comments

  1. I do this too! I don't always complete every thing on the list but I think making a list prompts you to plan and do things you otherwise wouldn't.
    I'm putting Hamlet on my list too!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a good idea to list the items you want to do like this. Gives you something to look forward to and helps you keep track of things :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of potential and lots to look forward to! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts