I'm Following a Tree | September 2015

Better late than never, I've finally found the time to this month's photographs of the Silver Birch that I've been following all year.
 
There's not a lot of change to report.  The tree still hasn't dropped any leaves, even though some of the neighbouring birches have.
 
There are signs of new growth ...
 
and it's leaves are still providing tasty snacks for unseen guests ...
 
I thought there was a possibility that the seeds had been dispersed, but not yet ...
 
... and some of the catkins are still developing their seeds ...
 
The bark is still as interesting as ever.  I think this is my favourite part of the tree ...
 
and to finish, looking up through the canopy ...

 Linking with Lucy @ Loose and Leafy.

Comments

  1. That is interesting bark! It is neat too to do this, I think I mentioned that before, but still neat to do, to observe the changes in a tree over time. Might have to do that here.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- the bark of these birches is fascinating! I always enjoy your bark photos the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this! Wish I had done something like this with my new fruit trees! But, maybe next year, I'll follow a couple of trees in my garden, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to do this again for ages but couldn't find 'the' tree where access was easy and the light was good. Now the patio trees have arrived I will be following them. I hope you follow yours as well

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts