Saturday

 


I placed an order with Ocado as they were offering 25% off and free delivery to new customers ... I definitely couldn't afford their prices on a normal shop but with that discount I'm able to restock the cupboards and buy the items I'll need for some batch cooking I want to do, and still save some money compared to my usual supermarket. It should be delivered between 11:30 and 12:30. Apart from that, it'll be a stay at home and catch up on some chores sort of day. The cleaners came on Thursday so the house is clean and tidy, but the beds need changing so, together with the holiday clothes, there will be a few loads of washing to do.

I'll start the batch cooking tomorrow. There's not much space in the freezer because I'm storing some stuff for friend H in there, so I'll only be making two, maybe three, dishes to start with ... definitely shepherd's pie and a chicken curry, and maybe a vegetarian chilli. All of them will freeze down into six portions so it'll be a start on the freezer restock. H will be taking her stuff later this month, assuming her house purchase completes on time with no more problems, and then I can decide on what other meals I want to make. 

Comments

  1. That's a good offer from Ocado I don't blame you for going for it. I hope your day goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My order has just been delivered. I'm really happy with the quality of the meat, fruit and vegetables, and best of all, it comes in carrier bags and the driver carried everything into the kitchen for me. My order came to £145 but with the initial discount and special offers, I only paid £100 so it worked out well for me. I hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  2. 25% off is an excellent offer, so well worth it. I love shepherds pie and cottage pie, my latest favourite meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed with the quality of the produce and the service provided by the driver, and the price I actually paid was a good saving for me. I'm allergic to beef so can't have cottage pie, sadly. xx

      Delete
  3. An excellent offer - good for you. I like to have portions of a basic savoury mince in the freezer because I can then use it for so many different dishes. I also freeze soups. Make a pot of soup and freeze most of it. So handy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been a good buy for me and I'm very pleased with the quality of the produce. I freeze soups regularly as I find that useful. I may copy your idea of freezing portions of savoury mince ... thanks xx

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a good discount and I'm glad you were happy with the quality of the items you bought and the service. You are a good friend to store stuff for a friend in your freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with this first order but had thought that it would be too expensive for me to use this company regularly. However, looking at their site today I think I'd be be able to save some money on certain items (because of their special offers, etc) so I will probably be using them again.

      H's house purchase has been a nightmare for her. She ended up selling her house, putting her possessions in storage, and living in a rented room until her new home is ready. She was desperate for somewhere to store her frozen food so I offered to make room for it to help out. I'm sure she would do the same for me. 😊 xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts