The February Garden

There's not really much change from last month! It's still looking very bare but there are splashes of colour from the bulbs and the two spirea plants. It should all change by next month's photos as the alliums are starting to peep through the soil, the early clematis is producing this season's leaves, as are some of the climbing roses.





I haven't decided on this year's annuals yet but I still have plenty of time to make my mind up. It all depends on how much time I'll be away from home during the summer months. Watering all the pots is such a big commitment in terms of time so I'm debating on whether to put some of the pots away this year, to make things easier for whoever I ask to help out with the watering each time I'm away. 

Comments



  1. Your garden looks amazing - such a change in the last two years or so. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. It still needs a good tidy up to be ready for this year bug I think I have it how I want it now. xx

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely garden. The weather should warm up soon and your garden will look different xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. You're right ... as soon as all the climber start leafing out again, it'll look completely different... I can't wait!

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks full of promise with spring bulbs coming up and new growth on the other plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another two or three weeks and it'll be looking a lot nicer, always assuming the weather warms up a bit.

      Delete
  4. I remember you starting this paved garden and pots, nice bright spots of colour with the daffs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had the paving laid in 2017 or 2018. It's been a fun journey getting it how I want it to be and I think I'm there now. The addition of the pergola has completed it for me, so I can focus on the plants from now on. xx

      Delete
  5. The garden looks really tidy. Nice to see the daffodils popping up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I've only just seen this comment... it went to SPAM for some unknown reason.
      Thanks for your comment. M came to do a tidy up a few weeks ago ... she did a good job and it's looking good. The daffs cheer me up! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts