WPSH link up

We're now half way through the WPSH so it seems like a good time to share our progress so far.

I've found photos for 9 of the prompts so far ... the complete list is at the end of this post. It's not too late to join in if you'd like to.

No 5: bent wire ... rusty barbed wire 


No 6: a sign ... one of the signs inside the theatre, and a sign on a gate warning of an attack bird!



No 12: something living ... geese photographed at Hayling Island 


No 14: grasses ... on the sand dunes at Hayling Island



No 15: begins with X, Y, or Z ... yachts at Hayling Island boat repair yard




No 16: a red car or truck ... a red car conveniently parked outside my home



No 17: the letter 'T' ... the stylised T on the Tesla electric car, and the sign identifying a row of seats in the theatre




No 18: a plate or bowl of potatoes, cooked your favourite way ... chips!



No 19: a fence



2024 Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt

  1. On the shelf
  2. Abstract
  3. Entwined
  4. Light and dark
  5. Bent wire
  6. A sign
  7. A tool or tools
  8. An airplane
  9. Inside out
  10. An everyday object photographed from an unusual angle
  11. Up high
  12. Something living
  13. A cloud formation
  14. Grass(es)
  15. Begins with X, Y, or Z
  16. A red car or truck
  17. The letter T ... nothing else, just the letter
  18. A plate or bowl of potatoes, cooked your favourite way
  19. A fence
  20. One of the things listed in the song, My Favourite Things from the Sound of Music (I've printed the lyrics at the end of this post)
Alt A. The oldest coin in your house
Alt B. A board game
Alt C. Free choice


Here are the lyrics of My Favourite Things:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favourite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favourite things


Comments

  1. Some great photos Eileen, I like the warning of an attack bird. Reminds me of a house I used to walk past that used to have two guard geese at the gate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. The sign has been there for years but I've never seen the attack bird, just a beautiful young labrador. xx

      Delete
  2. Loving that second sign - birds can be quite vicious, can't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they can. Our neighbours, back in the house I lived in with Ced, kept a parrot that wax really aggressive. I'd only go round there if they shut it in a different room! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the rusty wire pic and the yachts. I have just sung the words to favourite things to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to find the rusty barbed wire, that was exactly what I'd been imagining for that photo. I've been singing the words to that song a lot but I haven't managed to find any suitable photos yet! xx

      Delete
  4. Some wonderful finds for the prompts! Love the attack bird sign! I'll post my photos (not as many as yours) later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your photos now, Bless. I guessed you'd pick "whiskers on kittens " for the Sound of Music one but I wasn't expecting Mama Cat for "something living" ... I thought that would be Dancer as well. Love your selection of "entwined" photos. Many thanks for joining in. xx

      Delete
  5. I do like the rusty barbed wire photo, I have an orange scarf, but it is the only orange clothing I have and goes with a lovely orange handbag. My "Favourite Things", is from my favourite musical. I remember going to see it with my Mum & Dad when I was a little girl. I still watch it and know all the words and sing along to the songs. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Must say I love the chips photos as I could really use a nice plate of them right now lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts