Family Tree

 


I've made some more progress on clearing some of the Ancestry hints and that's what I'll carry on doing today. It's going well and I'm on a roll! I haven't found anything yet that will help me break through some of the brick walls I have but there's always a chance that I will find something, so I'll keep looking. Probably of more use is a message I've received from one of my DNA matches, just making contact and offering assistance, so I'll write to her today and either ask to view her huge, but private, online tree, or ask her to check for certain names for me. Fingers crossed that this produces the information I need to make a real start on researching my paternal grandfather's ancestry. 

Yesterday passed quickly as a result of being so engrossed in the family tree stuff and I'm sure it'll be the same today. It's one of the aspects of the research that I like, i.e. having something I can really concentrate on to the point of being oblivious to anything else, much the same as losing myself in the pages of a good book, or when I'm listening to music and/or playing an instrument. 

Comments

  1. I know exactly what you mean about losing yourself in the ancestry research, I do it myself. I hope you can break through that brick wall xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things that you get totally absorbed in are so wonderful and so very exciting to experience. Good luck and I hope some of your queries bear fruit quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound as if you had a good research day, did you remember to make food? Last time I was in my family tree dinner was 2 hours late lol. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so nice to find a ...new relative. How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to give the ancestry a go again. I got a little frustrated as I hit a block and couldn't get any further back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts