The Midweek Days

 


Yesterday was a lovely, gently paced day. I spent the morning visiting friend Joy and catching up all the news. It's been ages since we saw each other and it was great to be able to spend that time together. When I first went for an assessment at the swimming pool I'd actually taken the slot Joy had originally booked for herself but had had to cancel for some reason, so I'm now hoping that she will re-book for an assessment and that maybe we'll be able to have lessons at the same time ... that'll be fun!

In the afternoon I read a little, played the piano, and chatted for ages on the phone with friend H. Her house purchase is finally going through and she's hoping to empty her stuff from my freezer by the end of the month, or the first week of March at the latest. Now I know the approximate date I can plan around that, so batch cooking will be postponed until next month and in the meantime I will use up some odds and ends for meals. There's probably some UFOs (unidentified freezer objects) to eat up as well.

Today, I'm updating the family tree to include details of the new baby and also continue printing off some of the reference materials for my records. That'll probably take up most of the morning ... family tree research tends to be like a big hole I fall down and just don't realise how much time is passing. It's my swimming lesson this afternoon and then friend L may be coming round for a meal this evening. It's not a definite arrangement but is dependent on her family commitments ... hopefully she'll be able to make it, but if not we'll rearrange it for next week.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a really lovely day - and that's a good black hole to fall down! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to get started so I'll soon know have far I fall down that hole! xx

      Delete
  2. Does sound like a very enjoyable day. I spend hours each day on my family tree research, I call them rabbit holes and I fall down so many :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one here who falls down the family tree rabbit holes. The time just fades away. I had been facing a brick wall until last week when I found out the name of a cousin, I get so excited when that happens. Have a lovely day. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though you had a lovely day. I stopped doing the family tree. It was one of those things I could do for hours without realising that any time had passed! Yikes. I began to learn why Jane got so addicted to it. She went down so many rabbit holes she had a room full of genealogy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts