Fika on Friday

 



Fika (in Swedish custom) is a break from activity in which people drink coffee, eat cakes or other light snacks and relax with others. It sounds like the perfect way for me to spend a Friday morning. I'm hoping to meet up with friends later on for a good girlie gossip.

I do have to fit in a personal training session first though. I'm still tired and aching from swimming yesterday but I'm sure it'll do me good. Amy will change things round if necessary and I'll be glad I've done it once it's over!

My trip to IKEA last week has prompted a sort out so I am putting together another box or two for the charity shop and there will also be at least one load for the recycling centre as well. Hopefully all of that will be disposed of next Monday and Tuesday, when I know I will have some help. Within the next week I also want to photograph some of the larger items still to be sold and send them to various companies to gauge the level of interest. I keep putting this off, so I am giving myself a good talking to and am determined to get it done this time. Maybe I can summon up the enthusiasm to do it this afternoon ... stranger things have been known to happen!

Comments

  1. Have a lovely day - your plans sound great. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. I hope you have a good say too xx

      Delete
  2. The Swedish custom sounds perfect, enjoy your coffee, cake and girlie gossip xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. We're now one person down due to Covid but the rest of us should still have a good time xx

      Delete
  3. I'm all in favor of breaks with coffee, cakes, and light snacks! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I thought you'd like the idea of fika! I hope you have a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your Fika. I like that word, I first heard it on You Tube from Benita Larsson, who is Swedish and who I follow. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look at some of Benita Larsson's videos. I hadn't heard of her before but liked what I've watched so far, so am now following her. Thanks for mentioning her xx

      Delete
  5. The Sweds are brilliant for making life easier & better. Fika is now a word & custom that I will try to incorporate into my weekly schedule. When I read their sign I see that the r is missing in relax so I thought, umm a play on words - don't they has furniture that is called Lax?? Good luck with those last big items being gone gone gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made any progress on the big items yet. I did intent to but then realised what had stopped me last time ... I need to move some heavy boxes in the garage to be able to get to the items but I need some help with shifting things around. Hopefully will be able to make a start next weekend when I will have friends available to provide the muscles! xx

      Delete
  6. I like that word. We all need to take time just to have a nice break.
    Glad the decluttering seems to be continuing. I am looking forward to getting back to it when I get home. I have plans I hope I can follow through on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make any progress with the big items (see my response to the previous comment for the reason) , but have been collecting up unwanted items for a charity shop donation. I'm pleased with what I've achieved so far and it is a good use of my time on a rainy day when I can't go out. Hope your plans work out for you. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts