Friday



My first lot of daffodils are flowering so there is some colour in the garden at long last!

I went to my swimming lesson yesterday, but didn't swim. As I was getting into the water I twisted my knees ... don't really know what I did, but it was too painful to do any of the leg movements. I decided to stay and benefit from some exercise where the water was supporting my weight, even if I was only walking. I did progress to practicing floating, on my front and back, and that has really improved. I can now flip between floating on my back to floating on my front, which I've failed to do on my own on previous attempts. So that's something else to practice the next time we go swimming.

Today starts with personal training. Both knees are still painful but Amy will adapt the exercise programme if I need to remain seated, so I will still go. Then I have to wait in for a parcel. If that's delivered early enough I'll pop into town for a few things - bread, potatoes, carrots, and gifts for the new baby and her big brother.

But what I really want to do is carry on with the family tree. Yesterday I was investigating some of the Ancestry hints and managed to make some progress working my way through what is a huge list, so want to carry on with that and see if it opens up any new possibilities for research. I have tomorrow and Sunday morning free so am planning to carry on clearing the hints and am vowing that I will clear them weekly in the future ... but then, I always say that and rarely do!

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry your knees are painful - I wonder how that happened. Well done for the flipping over in the water. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the pain in your knees eases soon. I see lots of daffodils in bloom here and I really like them but then I am in Wales of course, our national emblem but I don't have any in my garden. Good luck clearing your ancestry hints xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful daffodil! Sorry to hear about your knees giving you trouble, again. That's wonderful that you can float on both your front and back and switch between them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely daffodil. I hope the pain in your knees ease soon. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts