Holiday Day 7

It's raining! I didn't have a good night and have woken with a headache and a bit of an upset tummy, so haven't gone on the organised trip today. The others have gone for a walk along Cromford Canal, with stops to see the stone quarry, a memorial to the Sherwood Foresters and Arkwright's historic mill. I decided to give it a miss and will go out later if I feel up to it.

I'll just share a selection of photos from the holiday so far:

Dovedale

Ilam 

the bridge at Ilam

amusing myself whilst waiting for the coach!

carving of a Green Man in the Church of St Oswald in Ashbourne

This is the final day of my holiday in the Peak District. After breakfast tomorrow I'll load up the car and head off to Crosby to see the art installation, 'Another Place'. Low tide is about 10:30am so I want to arrive in time to start photographing the statues when the tide is completely out, and then at various intervals throughout the day as the water level rises.

I'm booked to arrive at the Airbnb accomodation in Liverpool by 5pm so will have plenty of time to take the photographs I have planned in my head. If not, there is always Saturday for a return visit. I'll be in Liverpool until Monday morning, and plan to rest, catch up with friends who live nearby, see an exhibition, and maybe some shopping.

Comments

  1. Get well soon and have a safe journey. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better after a bit of a rest. Looking forward to seeing your photos of the statues. Safe driving. Love Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you were feeling a bit unwell. Hope you are feeling better, now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts