Wednesday

I spoke to the tile company about their failure to deliver on the agreed date to be told that 'just because there was an agreed delivery date, it didn't mean that it was the date they would actually deliver' and that 'I could collect it but the delivery fee wouldn't be refunded'. I thought I was in the twilight zone ... it was just a nonsense conversation with, I think, someone who was new to the job. Once I got the call transferred to the manager the situation improved and we've agreed that I will contact them when I am back from my travels to arrange for the delivery. He couldn't give an explanation for the failure to deliver but is aware that there will be no room for further errors and that the order will be cancelled if they fail on their next attempt.

Today is all about getting the furniture ready for collection tomorrow. On the phone the charity stressed that they are very fussy about the quality of items they will accept for donation (although having seen what is available for sale in their stores ...). However, I need the furniture out of the house so will apply polish and elbow grease to make it all bright and shiny and dazzle the collection team into taking it away.

The other must do today is to update the SatNav. It's integral to the car rather than one you plug in, and I don't think the maps have ever been updated since it left the Renault factory. It amuses me when it shows me driving across fields because it has no knowledge of the new roads, which is okay when I know or have a rough idea of where I'm going but this holiday will take me to new places and will involve a lot of driving so I'll need accurate road maps. It just feels like a bit of a grown up, sensible decision though!

Apart from that, lists have been made, information folder is printed and ready, packing is finished (apart from the last minute things to throw in on Friday morning), and last bits of shopping done. I'm just sitting here, getting properly excited, and waiting for it all to begin. 

A couple of friends are coming round this afternoon for a bit of a flute session. K has some trio music she wants to try out so it should be a fun afternoon.

Comments

  1. So exciting - you are nearly there. I agree, updating the satnav is pretty important in this situation - good luck with that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I can get it to update - one of those situations where the instructions don't match the screens in my car. I'll have to contact the dealer to help.

      Delete
  2. So what is a delivery date if it isn't a delivery date! Amazing how some companies survive.
    Have a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sue. I couldn't believe what the original person was saying, it was so ridiculous.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the charity shop - they can be odd about what they will take. WS x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, it was an alternate reality delivery date! I love it! Sounds like that first person you spoke with at the tile company will fit in very nicely with our current administration!

    Sounds like you are fully prepared for your holiday!

    The musical afternoon with friends sounds wonderful! Hope you have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The misic afternoon was a success so we'll make it a regular once a month arrangement.

      Delete
  5. Oh the tile debacle. I could write reams, but will say nothing! Hope the charity does a bit better tomorrow so at least that is a box ticked before you go away.
    Have a fanatastic time, and I hope to hear all about it. Jealous of your being able to update your SatNav maps ... I recently got a notification from the manufacturer of mine, saying they would not issue any more updates for my model. The last update was January and they did not say at the time that it would be the last chance to upgrade. Guess what - now they are bombarding me with mailshots about their latest models ... as if I would buy from them again now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't managed to update it yet. The options on my in-car screen don't match the instruction book at all. I'll be asking the dealership for help tomorrow.

      Is yours a TomTom? I used to have one and am still being bombarded by ads to buy a new system as my previous model is no longer supported.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts