Tuesday

Yesterday was a pottering around at home day, forced in part by the need to wait in for the delivery of tiles for the bathroom and ensuite. A complete waste of time because they didn't turn up, or bother to contact me to let me know there was a problem. I will be phoning them later!

Today is all about holiday prep, my last free day before I leave on Friday. There are a few things left to iron and a little bit of packing to finish. I still need to buy some snacks and will have to round up all the numerous cables and chargers I'll be taking with me. I think the first job is to make a list!

Once that's all done I'll tidy around the house as there's nothing worse than coming home after a lovely time away to have to tidy up all the mess created by the holiday prep. The garden is going to have to fend for itself while I'm away as the person who was going to see to the watering can no longer do it due to serious family problems, and virtually everyone else I could ask is away at the same time. 

Then it'll be feet up time and I'll lose myself in a book for a while. All the local food places deliver so that's my evening meal sorted - Indian, of course! - and then a bit more reading, a bath and an early night.  

Comments

  1. I appreciate that having to wait in was frustrating but maybe a day of quiet was just the ticket!

    I always start my packing with a list. Actually, several weeks beforehand. It's all part of the fun! Have a very productive day. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a 'lists' sort of person! I'm in that silly situation, because this is a three different locations holiday, of trying to decide how to pack. Do I take everything in the huge (and I mean 'huge') suitcase or do I take the two smaller ones. Decisions, decisions!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear the tile delivery didn't happen, and no call or anything! You sound like you are quite organized and ready for this holiday! Too bad about the garden having to fend for itself, but, hopefully, there will be a couple of showers of rain while you are gone to water the plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked the longer term weather forecast and we are supposed to have some cooler days and also some rainy days, so I feel a bit more hopeful that some of the planting will survive in my absence.

      Delete
  3. Preparing to go away can be exhausting, but hopefully worth while. Have a lovely time and the weather forecast suggests rain so your garden may survive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie. Fingers crossed for the garden!

      Delete
  4. It's most annoying that the tile delivery did not show up as promised. Oh that pre vacation feeling of anticipation & stress - yes lists are a perfect way to ensure it's only anticipation joy you are feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tiles are a problem for when I get back. For now I'm concentrating on getting excited!

      Delete
  5. Boa tarde Eileen,
    Muito obrigada pela sua visita.
    Desejo que desfrute bem seus dias de feriado.
    Abraços,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts