Holiday Day 2

The drive up didn't quite go according to plan ... as I parked the car in Bourton-on-the-Water it started to rain. I sat there for a while thinking, well it's not too much and will stop soon, but it didn't. After about thirty minutes the rain was so loud on the roof of the car I had to turn the radio up! So I abandoned that idea and carried on towards my destination. I stopped in a huge garden centre somewhere for food and drink, but mostly to use the toilet (!) and later had a look round an art exhibition. Anyway, I arrived in one piece, on time, and didn't get lost once!

Today was a visit to Dovedale stepping stones, then Ilam and finally, Haddon Hall. I'll do proper posts when I get home so for now here are a few photos from today.

Dovedale ...



Ilam ... 



Haddon Hall ...

Comments

  1. We rented a cottage for all the family near to Ilam for my OH's 70th birthday and did Dovedale and Ilam.It was a great weekend.We ate out at an Italian restaurant in Ashbourne on the Saturday evening..A brill weekend.Look forward to more blogs about your holiday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Derby and when I went to my grammar school we had an annual outing to Tissington for the well dressings and then on to Dovedale. Have gone over the stepping stones and up thorpe cloud many times. Such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bourton is pretty but can very get very crowded, but perhaps you were wise to press on to your destination. Your photos are wonderful! I would love to see Haddon Hall.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous photos. Haddon Hall looks so familiar, I think I've seen in a movie because I just know I've seen the exterior before. Glad the trip in the rain was safe, although not enjoyable for looking at the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so lovely. Haddon Hall is just about my most favourite place ever and I just love the Peaks, full stop. A shame you missed Bourton but maybe you can go back there out of term time when it is less likely to be packed to the eyebrows.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to arrive at your destination without getting lost! I, almost always, get lost! Lovely photos! It all looks so green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognise some of those locations having stayed near Illam ( or a 11 am as we liked to call it) years ago. I look forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts