Holiday Day 3

It was a busier day than planned. The guide decided to add three extra stops to the two already scheduled ... the coach was an hour late picking us up, but we still fitted everything in! It's been raining on and off all day but luckily we managed to dodge the worst of it as we were walking around.

Well Dressing at Great Hucklow ...


We went to Castleton next for a very quick stop to see the shops selling the Blue John Stone jewellery but I don't really like the Blue John stone so I waited in the coach. After that it was a short ride to 

Derwent Dam (the Dambuster's dam) ...


Eyam (the plague village ... I'll do a separate post about that when I get home) ...


 Monsal Dale Viaduct ...

Comments

  1. Sounds like it was a very busy day with a packed agenda! I am enjoying seeing the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will come as no surprise that I love the pictures of the wells. Anything with a folkloric connection gets my attention!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealousy has struck! I would love to see one of those well dressings . We past several signs to them last time we were up there but were way past before I registered we had missed it! Eyam is a fascinating but sad village.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts