Thursday

My only must do task for the day is to speak to the person I'd like to do the decorating, to ask for a price and also to see if he can fit me in for the end of September/beginning of October. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's all going to work out!

Apart from that I'm meeting L for lunch at the Toby Carvery and will try to fit in a bit of clothes shopping either before or after the meal. I also need to pop into the garden centre to get a small bag of compost so I can re-pot a couple of houseplants.

I did a load of laundry yesterday and left it on the drying rack overnight, so I suppose at some stage I will have to summon up the energy to do some ironing and then put it all away. I changed over the bedrooms as planned, the only difference was that I left the hanging clothes in the main bedroom cupboard as they will be easy to move once the work starts. I sorted through the rest of my clothes as I was moving them and have put some aside for the next kerbside charity collection. Most of what's going is too big to wear now, but I also decided that I just wasn't ever going to wear some things again. I've probably reduced the amount of clothes by about a third. 

Today, had she lived, it would have been my Mum's 100th birthday.

Comments

  1. Well done on all that clearing and sorting and discarding.
    And a happy birthday to your mum. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I now have a good excuse to buy some more clothes to fill the gaps 😂

      Delete
  2. I've also just swapped bedrooms ready for decorating but got lazy and moved my clothes en masse - when I should have sorted them out!
    I'll be doing the painting myself - it's going to take an age - a big room and two coats needed - wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good luck! I admire you for even considering the painting yourself let alone actually getting on and doing it.

      Delete
  3. My mum would have been 102 yesterday. I can't believe she's been dead 21 years!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time really does fly doesn't it. My mum died 14 years ago.

      Delete
  4. (((HUGS))) on your mother's birth anniversary, Eileen. My mother's birth anniversary is in October; she would have been 98 had she lived. She died 12 years ago.

    Well done on sorting through your closet. That's on my list of things to do, but I haven't got to it, yet!

    Hope you accomplished all the things on your list, today, and had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. Yes, I had a very good day and mamaged to do everything on my list

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts