Holiday Day 15: Homeward Bound

Actually, I'm home. I left immediately after breakfast and had a nice, steady three hour drive home. I opted against the shorter Servern Bridge route as the SatNav was advising a 30 minute delay and kept recalculating alternatives. In the end I took the slightly longer route and went via Ross-on-Wye - this is where I traced Ced's family to and I wanted to see if any of the addresses still existed. They didn't!

I've had a fantastic time away but am so glad to be home. The first load of washing is in the machine, the camera equipment has been checked and put away, and most of the unpacking is done. I'm waiting for the water to heat up so I can have a soak in the bath, the bread is out of the freezer and defrosting on the worktop, and I've just finished my first coffee in my own mug!

The garden has survived without me and is looking good so there must have been plenty of rain in my absence.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my holiday posts. I will catch up with all your blogs over the next few days.

Comments

  1. Welcome back. Have a lovely, relaxing rest-of-the-day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you are home safe & sound. Have a good night's sleep in your own bed tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are home all safe and sound. Have enjoyed following you on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read that you are home, safely. It sounds like you have been very productive since your return! I'm sure I would have just dumped everything and taken a nap!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts