Holiday Day 8

... and I'm now in Liverpool!


I've spent the afternoon at the beach in Crosby to see 'Another Place' by Anthony Gormley. It wasn't the best conditions for photographing it but I have taken some. I realised that I'd need my big zoom lens, currently in a cupboard at home (!), to achieve anything like the photos of seen. The statues are spread out across a much wider area than I realised so I concentrated on one, coincidentally the closest one as my knee was playing up. I have more photos but for today I'm just sharing this one which is for the SPSH, No 15 | out of the blue. I'll hold my hands up and confess that I had to tweak the colour a bit as it is one of those typical English seaside days - grey, dreary, windy and drizzly rain, and the sea just looked a muddy greeny brown.

I have friends in Liverpool who have seen this many times and they reminded me that it is an art installation and to spend some time watching the changes as the water level rises or falls. So as well as photographing this statue from time to time, I also watched the effect on the whole beach as the tide came in. It's mesmerising to watch the iron men disappear as the water rises. I often find it hard to still my mind but this worked for me. Despite the disappointing weather it was a perfect afternoon.

Comments

  1. Fabulous photo Eileen. The sea is often a murky colour isn't it. Perfect for "out of the blue".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. This was the idea that came to mind as soon as I read the list of prompts.

      Delete
  2. A great creation for 'Out of the Blue'

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water there is an estuary and that means silt, lots of silt. Just like the Severn estuary and the Bristol channel. All that river mud washing out into the sea. Until we went to Cornwall and saw the real sea I always thought that sea water was that dirty muddy brown - and in the case of Barry Island it had lots of black in it from the coal dust from Barry docks LOL I love the picture and look forward to seeing the rest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo looks good! Looking forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts