Take Three Thursday | Art Installations

This week for Mary-Lou's Take Three Thursday I am sharing photos taken in Liverpool, of three of the many art installations around the city. They were all taken from a moving tour bus, so apologies for the quality of the images!

Hope Street 'Suitcases' by John King, installed in 1998 
- this could also be used for SPSH No 8 | a pile of ...

'Belonging' by Patrick Murphy, installed in 2012

Arbores Laetae (Joyful Trees) by Diller Scofidio & Renfro, installed in 2008

Here's a video that shows the trees 'dancing'!


Comments

  1. What a joyful dance those trees make - I find it fascinating that the technology allows the trees to continue to grow & yet still dance. I like the other SPSH finds, those piles of luggage is so appropriate for Liverpool since it was once the great leaving port. I do prefer those colourful pigeons to the real thing (wings). Thanks for sharing those three & video in today's Take Three Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees are fascinating but I'm not convinced that the money was well spent as they are very rarely set in motion. According to the guide on the Liverpool Explorer bus, the installation cost £40,000.

      Delete
  2. Oh what great photos! I really like that suitcase display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the suitcases. Some of them are labelled with the names of people who live in the area.

      Delete
  3. The dancing trees are unusual, but I think I like the pigeons the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely aren't they? The installation was supposed to be removed some time ago but real pigeons won't use the ledges while the coloured ones are there, so they are staying for now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts