Sunday

I'm spending the morning flitting between the kitchen and the music room. I had a delivery from Iceland yesterday (the frozen food company not the country!) and am now cooking up some Slimming World friendly recipes. In between that, I've created enough space in the music room to reach the piano so am indulging myself, playing some of my favourite pieces. I've taken a break for now, firstly to write this post and secondly to get my act together and cook something to eat later. The bulk cooking is for the freezer but for now I need to prepare something to share with the friends who will be arriving later.

On Bless' blog today she mentioned the suggestion by her daughter that Bless should challenge herself to do a daily joyful activity. I think this is a brilliant idea and is something that will undoubtedly enhance my life, so I'm pinching the idea for myself ... thank you Bless for writing about it and to your daughter for coming up with the idea! Obviously I hadn't anything in mind for today as I only read the post this morning but no point in delaying, so I've phoned round to some friends who will be arriving at 1 o'clock for a bring and share meal. I'm going to make a rice dish and will see if I have the ingredients to make a dessert but if not, there is plenty of fresh fruit here. A is bring a selection of cold meats and salad, but I don't know what the other two are planning. It's a spur of the moment thing but I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends and to an afternoon chatting and catching up with everyone's news. I also need to come up with a idea for tomorrow and, as the weather forecast promises good weather, one option is to drive over the Lacock and make a start on the photo project I keep thinking about but never actually get started.


To finish, the new year's growth on the spirea. I thought it hadn't survived the winter so am very happy to see it waking up for spring.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful photo Eileen
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad my daughter's idea has inspired you, Eileen! And that it has led to you inviting a few of your friends to an impromptu potluck, as we call it here, where each one brings a dish to share. :) Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday. Your photo of the new growth is lovely! I am going to come up with a list of daily joyful activities; maybe you can add to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll write in more detail about why the idea for a daily joyful activity inspired me when I do my review at the end of the month. I’m working on a list of ideas for these activities, which I’ll share later on.

      Delete
  3. I think Bless's daughter has the right idea. That photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s a fantastic idea and now I need to come up with a list of ideas.

      I’m glad you like the photo x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts