Friday

There's a slight change of plan this morning to avoid having to split myself down the middle so I can be in two places at the same time. My appointment for blood tests has to take priority over meeting K for a walk; she understands the reason but sadly is unable to postpone our meeting so we will rearrange something for next week when we'll both have more time.

I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he has ordered a load of blood tests as well as bringing my other routine tests forward so I can have everything done during one appointment. He's also booked a face to face appointment for next week so he can carry out the necessary physical examinations and then review the test results. Fingers are crossed that all of this results in some answers and an improved quality of life.

I'll take the time to do a bit of shopping afterwards. My doctor's appointment is very early so I should be able to get to a supermarket while a lot of people are still tied up with the school run so hopefully it won't be too busy. I also want to call into Lidl on the way home. This shopping bout is to start restocking the freezer; frozen veg seems to be one of the products affected by the shortage of drivers and are often omitted or substituted on a delivery so, as I like to keep a variety on hand, I'll see what I can get and I also need to think about getting some more chicken portions.

This afternoon it's the nutrition focus on the nervous system and then later on a one-off Q&A session with Jane Wymark, who played Joyce Barnaby in Midsomer Murders, which I'd like to watch. 

So a nice easy day today. At some point I will need to water the garden but the rest of the time is free to fill as I fancy ... piano, Italian, and family tree I think ... definitely not housework!

Comments

  1. I'm very glad you have managed to get it all sorted and that K understood. There's always another day.
    The rest of the day sounds really lovely - enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's a relief to get the appointments sorted out at long last. xx

      Delete
  2. I hope your blood test results will be good and provide the answers you are hoping for. Too bad you have to reschedule your planned walk with K, but, I'm sure she understood that the blood tests had priority. Sounds like you have a very nice day planned. Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pinning all my hopes on these results. Fingers are crossed that my GP has some answers. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you are having your blood tests and a face to face appointment to discuss the results and most importantly an examination. I called in Asda yesterday for some dog food and was shocked to see those shelves quite bare although I did manage to get what I wanted. Mt online orders with Tesco have been OK so far but I'm wondering now if I'll get everything I've ordered when it's delivered tomorrow, it's becoming a worrying situation. Have a good day, I agree housework can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots of gaps on the shelves which is worrying. Let's hope that supply issues are down to the lack of drivers and that it is something that can be sorted sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  4. I do hope after the blood test there is a treat planned, something to replenish all that was taken from you (col). Stores & shops are already getting stocked & ready for the Thanksgiving rush in a couple of weeks (Oct 11th is our Thanksgiving) & being that we are still in forms of restrictions, I imagine the shelves will quickly thin out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! My treat was a puzzle book and some peppermint tea bags!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts