Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • celebrating family birthdays - great niece E was 18 years old on the 1st and great nephew R celebrated his first birthday yesterday
  • continuing to make progress with sorting through the decluttering, and
  • selling three more items
  • appreciating the garden - there's still plenty of colour and it was warm enough to sit outside on Friday
  • joining in with the new-to-me SATB online choir ... it's early days and there were a few teething problems but I think it'll be good fun
  • a chat with C confirming that the piano lessons will start on Tuesday 😃
  • receiving a £10 goodwill voucher from Tesco when they were unable to deliver my order due to a shortage of drivers ... I rescheduled for the next day and spent the voucher on a few treats
  • relieved that I was able to deal with the performance issues on my laptop ... it's working fine and I've delayed replacing it for, hopefully, another year


I am grateful ...
  • for M's hard work and enthusiasm in the garden
  • for the opportunity to continue with my local choir until I feel ready to return to in-person rehearsals
  • that there are plenty of online activities to keep me occupied


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. Achieved 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
    • 30 minutes daily Tai Chi. Only achieved 3 days out of 7
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. I don't blame you treating yourself with the goodwill voucher from Tesco and well done on your sales. Sounds like you had a good week and with some more good weather forecast hopefully you'll be sitting out enjoying your lovely garden again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the treats away for Christmas ... I'm trying to stick to my diet for now!

      The sales are encouraging me to keep going. The school's go back next week so I'll be advertising some instruments next to coincide with the peripatetic music teachers taking on new pupils.

      It has been a good week thanks. Hopefully this week I can fit in a couple of trips out of the house.

      Delete
    2. I had my Tesco delivery yesterday and bought some of those tubs of chocolates currently on offer, put away for Christmas and we don't touch them even though it's very tempting :)

      Delete
    3. I chose some ice cream and some frozen party food so it's all in the freezer and I'm not tempted ... so far!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful reasons for being cheerful and thankful! Happy birthday to your great niece, too! How nice to receive that goodwill voucher! Reminds me of the time when the grocery store gave me $10 off on my bill due to a small delay in giving me the final receipt! Good customer service! Sounds like you are all ready to start your piano lessons next week! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a lovely week, next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stores are doing their best and I didn't really expect any compensation so the goodwill voucher was a pleasant surprise.

      After chatting with C I am feeling more at ease about the piano lessons. It's going to be strange being the pupil and not the teacher but I think we'll get on well together.

      I hope you and your daughter enjoy your long weekend.

      Delete
  3. What a great week! And it sounds like the coming one will be good too - I'm looking forward to hearing how the piano lessons go. I suspect the teacher is also feeling a but unsure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's lesson but will feel better once I know that the online software she uses will work properly on my laptop and that the limited space I have in my music room to position the laptop allows a suitable position for her to be able to see what I'm doing. I know I'm stressing unnecessarily but I'll feel much better when I know that side of things works!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts