Wednesday

There was a slight change of plans yesterday which meant that I met with L at the local garden centre instead of at the farm café. I'm pleased to report that, despite all of the temptation everywhere I looked, I didn't buy any more plants! I did buy this though ... 


... a savoury tea of cheese scone, cheese and chutney (I left the butter), a mug of coffee, and if you look carefully you may see the tip of a huge slice of lemon and blueberry drizzle cake to finish it all off. L had a cream tea with fruit scone, jam, clotted cream and a pot of tea. It was delicious and I have no regrets about all those extra calories!

I have quite a busy day today with the nutrition club at 10am, piano lesson at 12.15am, and the style class at 2pm. I'm expecting delivery of a parcel some time today, and as a priority I need to arrange an appointment with my GP as I still haven't had my last lot of routine blood tests. I didn't make any progress on finding someone to value the two collections so will keep looking today if I have time, but will also contact the place in Bath who I know do valuations to make an appointment. 

If the parcel delivery arrives early enough I'm hoping to meet up with T & N, neighbours at my previous home who've now moved away. They're only in town until about 4 pm and have plans to meet up with a lot of people (which I'm a bit anxious about) but I do hope it all works out and I get to see them. 

Comments

  1. Your treats look really delicious and you're right, they're a treat so no regrets. Enjoy your day, that's a lot to pack in and I hope meeting your friends works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their homemade cheese scones are always so good ... definitely no regrets!

      It is a busy day but the two online classes are mostly just listening, so a nice opportunity to sit with a mug of coffee and relax. The piano lesson is the only one that will tax my brain cells today.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my word, that all looks so, so delicious! Calories? What calories. Everyone knows that calories at a garden centre don't count!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the SW approach? 😂😂 I'm really chuffed that the cheese scones are calorie free!!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Your teas look very delicious and absolutely no calories, especially if you left the butter! :D I keep saying I'm going to learn how to make scones one day, but, haven't done so! Perhaps it's a good thing! LOL.

    Sounds like you've a busy day; have fun during your piano lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to make scones every time I come to tea so best to have a bit of a practice 😂

      Piano was great fun today, thanks.

      Delete
  4. Both teas sound/look delicious. How nice if you get to meet with previous neighbour friends. I'd also be worried about who & how many they are meeting with. I hope to be in my garden at 3:21pm to greet Miss Autumn's arrival but we are expecting 30-50 cm of rain today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious, although I prefer the savoury one to the cream tea. My ex-neighbours are driving round on their way home for a quick kerbside chat so I don't have to risk the big group meet. I feel much happier about that.

      That is a lot of rain!! You don't do things by half, do you?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts