Wednesday

In the end I decided against driving to Bath yesterday. It was wet and dismal and I just felt really chilled, so the thought of a day at home in the warm won out. After a morning of feeling sorry for myself I pulled myself together and got on with the decluttering ... one more item has been paid for so that's been packed and will be sent off today and I filled another box with donations for H. She will collect the three boxes I have ready for her tonight on her way home. I think I'm now just left with the items to sell so that's what I'll focus on for the rest of this week.

Today is going to be an online day! My piano lessons have changed to Wednesdays at C's request but it actually suits me better as it means that my Tuesdays now remain free of any online classes. Once the style class is completed my Mondays will be free as well which makes it easier to arrange to meet up with friends etc. The piano lesson is slotted in between the nutrition club and the style class, and then I've arranged to meet up with J for a coffee in the garden centre cafĂ© nearest her home. 

I can't think of anything else so will end by saying that I hope you all have a good day whatever you have planned. 

*************************

My September decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = 2 stained storage boxes (to be recycled)
  • 2nd = a band fleece (only worn once so returning it to the band as I will never wear it again) 
  • 3rd = 3 sci-fi books (gifting to L)
  • 4th = digital photo frame (never used, sold to H)
  • 5th = a measuring jug (to be donated as I never use it)
  • 6th = a band tie (returning to the band)
  • 7th = unused greetings cards (I'm unlikely to use them so they will be donated)
  • 8th = a pair of shoes (one of the heels is wobbly, so only fit for the bin)
  • 9th = discoloured drinks bottle (in recycling bin)
  • 10th = one of the music bags I used for teaching (to be donated)
  • 11th = plastic storage boxes (I never use them, gifting to E)
  • 12th = broken candle lighter (to be recycled)
  • 13th = instruction booklets for items that I no longer own (to be recycled)
  • 14th = empty cotton reels (no idea why I kept these, now in recycling bin)
  • 15th = 3 boxes of donations to H 

Comments

  1. You're doing really well with your decluttering and I made a start yesterday and did lots of paper shredding. My filing cabinet will now go in the garage for hubby's bits n bobs, you have definitely inspired me to get a move on. Enjoy your piano lesson today and your meetup at the garden centre café.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the shredding ... that one job I really dislike! I did enjoy the piano lesson and meeting with J, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you one bit for changing your plans - I would have too and if Val and I had planned to go out, we would have changed the plans. It was a truly miserable day - but great for the plants, bless them.
    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the plants enjoyed it and at least I didn't have to do the watering myself!

      I've had a great time today, thanks xx

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have gone out in the rain, myself! I'm sorry you felt sorry for yourself, though! (((HUGS)))

    You are doing really well with the decluttering! I took a step back and took back one item I had decluttered (a gift from a friend), but, substituted something else for it. I also decided on one other item (a gift from my sister) that I had considered giving away - I've decided to keep it, at least for now.

    Sounds like switching the piano lessons to Wednesday will work out better for both of you! I hope you have a lovely day, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I just had a pathetic few minutes but I'm fine really!
      I've finished that part of the decluttering now. Everything else has to be sold, but all the donation items I gave to H. It feels really good to have that ticked off my list!
      The change to Wednesday works really well for me so will continue. I had a lovely time today thanks, and I hope you did too. xx

      Delete
  4. The planning & schedule tweaking sounds to be working in your favourite & at least the piano lessons are still a go. I'd take inside warm & cozy any day! Plans for me today include picking up materials at lunch for a new season of my ladies bible study group, which we are doing via Zoom again. The group is about 60-75 ladies strong & no one felt safe enough to be inside with the rising numbers of Delta COVID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The change to Wednesday for the piano lesson was a success!

      I hope you managed to collect the stuff for your bible study group. I think Zoom will continue for lots of groups ... I'm sure we're in for a hard winter.

      Delete
  5. You must feel very happy with the decluttering, I started your August challenge but I didn't fullfil it. There are still plenty of things at home that should be sorted out :(
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your new online classes schedule and having more time to spend with friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy with the progress on the decluttering. Better luck next time for your own attempts!

      Yes, the new schedule worked very well for me and will continue with this arrangement, so I can start making plans to meet friends on Tuesday from now on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts