Thursday

 In the garden ...


... cyclamen, destined for the central flower bed. I met J at a garden centre yesterday and gave into temptation!

Wednesday's new schedule makes much better use of my time - the nutrition club starts at 10am, piano follows on at 11:15am, then a break for lunch, and the style class at 2pm, which leaves me free from 3pm onwards. The gap for lunch is just about long enough if I want to meet L or to pop to the shops, and any time after 3pm works well to meet with J so a pleasant way to round off the afternoon.

The nutrition club was to do with meal planning. Claudia produced a week long vegan meal plan with shopping list and recipes with the aim of showing people how you can still eat healthily without cooking every day. It was interesting and I will try some of the recipes but I'm quite happy to cook fresh every day if I need to. I tend to bulk cook more in the colder months and cook from scratch every day during the warmer months.

My piano lesson was good fun. I surprised myself by playing much better than I had in practice so have decided that knowing someone is listening and critiquing my playing is actually focusing my mind in a good way! I'm carrying on with the two longer pieces this week and have free choice on a third, shorter piece. 

The style class was about body shape. There is plenty of information on the internet but this link, provided by Patio Postcards, is a good starting point - Body Shape Calculator. The challenge for this week is to determine your body shape and then look at yourself in a mirror and decide which parts of your body you want to draw attention to and which parts of your body you want to draw attention away from. 

I met J for coffee and a quick catch up but won't see her now for a couple of weeks as she's working next week and then will isolate the following week before we meet in person again. It was so good to see her though, and hopefully we can manage a longer chat next time.

It's the Indian cookery this afternoon ... Lamb Kofta Biryani this week, which I'll definitely be making for my Saturday night treat. I'd like to fit in some shopping this morning as I need a few bits and pieces from Home Bargains or B&M, and I need to get to the bank for the cash for M tomorrow. Apart from that it'll be time spent on the laptop places as many adverts as I can. 

*************************

My September decluttering challenge:

  • 1st = 2 stained storage boxes (to be recycled)
  • 2nd = a band fleece (only worn once so returning it to the band as I will never wear it again) 
  • 3rd = 3 sci-fi books (gifting to L)
  • 4th = digital photo frame (never used, sold to H)
  • 5th = a measuring jug (to be donated as I never use it)
  • 6th = a band tie (returning to the band)
  • 7th = unused greetings cards (I'm unlikely to use them so they will be donated)
  • 8th = a pair of shoes (one of the heels is wobbly, so only fit for the bin)
  • 9th = discoloured drinks bottle (in recycling bin)
  • 10th = one of the music bags I used for teaching (to be donated)
  • 11th = plastic storage boxes (I never use them, gifting to E)
  • 12th = broken candle lighter (to be recycled)
  • 13th = instruction booklets for items that I no longer own (to be recycled)
  • 14th = empty cotton reels (no idea why I kept these, now in recycling bin)
  • 15th = 3 boxes of donations to H 
I gave all of the remaining items to H so this part of the decluttering, i.e. the items to be donated, is finished for now. 😀

Comments

  1. I do love hearing about your online classes - they are so interesting and are opening doors for you. Just little ones, maybe, but all the same . . .
    How do you get to hear about them? I know I've asked before but I've never had much success.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them via Facebook events, searching Google for online classes, and some of them via Instagram. With the exception of the online piano lessons all of my other classes are via Goldster UK. https://www.goldster.co.uk/

      After a month's free trial it costs £9.99 per month with no limit on how many classes you can take. I'd suggest you have a look as there are various exercise classes every day (Pilates, yoga, workouts, etc) which you may find interesting, as well as some cookery, music, art, books, dance, history, languages, mindfulness, beauty, reflexology and massage to name a few of the others. xx

      Delete
    2. That does sound interesting. Thanks very much. A tenner a month is very little for such a plethora of chasses as you enjoy.
      xx

      Delete
    3. I think it's really good value. The instructors are, for the classes I've tried out, very professional. It works via Zoom and there's no obligation to switch your camera on if you don't want to be seen which is useful for the exercise classes 😂

      Delete
  2. Those cyclamen are beautiful, I can see why you were tempted. That's good that your schedule is working well for you and you are playing the piano well for your teacher and enjoying the lesson. The Lamb Kofta Biryani sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cyclamen and have tried to grow them in the past but they didn't do too well. I'm hoping M will have more luck!

      Things are slowly dropping into place and I'm finding time to do all the 'me' things I want to do, without feeling rushed or compromising in any way.

      The Lamb Kofta Biryani looked absolutely delicious and I'll be trying to cook it on Saturday for my weekly treat.

      Delete
  3. Oh I do like cyclamen but for us they seem to be a specialty plant for indoors & at Christmas. Yours seem to have such varying shades of pink & red, they will make a beautiful show off piece in your garden.

    As for the style class, without a doubt I'd want to draw attention to my ears - totally away from my body!!

    I like to cook once, eat twice & thankfully Mr Man is a fan of left overs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose three different pinks but there was also white ones and a variegated one as well. I've only bought five for now but if they do well I will get some more next year.

      Re, the style class - I feel much the same! 😂

      I'm fine about cooking every day in the summer ... can you count a salad as cooking? In the winter I definitely rely on bulk cooking and feeding myself from previously frozen homecooked meals.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cyclamen plants! Glad your schedule is working out well and you are playing the piano pieces without mistakes during your lessons! I had the opposite problem! I played well during practice and then, made all kinds of mistakes during the lessons! :D At what time should I arrive for dinner on Saturday night, please? I'll bring some zucchini chutney to go with the meal! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting that nerves during the lesson would affect my playing but so far that hasn't been the case and I've sailed through with no mistakes.

      I eat early so dinner will be at 6pm and yes please to the chutney. Is your daughter coming too? Maybe she could bring the banana bread ☺️

      Delete
  5. If I may bring my daughter, she will definitely bring some banana bread! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts