Monday

As a result of some of my family and friends advising that they have either tested positive for Covid or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, I thought it best to get myself tested. I'm not expecting to have contracted the virus but as a precaution I arranged to be tested - thankfully the lateral flow test was negative and I'm expecting the same result from the PCR test. To err on the side of caution I'm rearranging some things in the diary for this week and will have a week at home. The doll's house and the saxophone are due to be collected today - I've texted both people and explained the situation but both of them want to continue as arranged and collect today! Part of me is glad because then they are sold and out of the house, but the other part of me is over anxious about it; trying to be sensible, I don't think I present a risk otherwise I wouldn't have given them a choice, and at the end of the day they are adults who can assess the risk for themselves and make their own decisions. I also have my doctor's appointment on Thursday which I'll still keep provided the PCR result confirms a negative - the timings of contact with people I know to be infected means that I'd have it by now if I have been infected by any of them.

There's a new online class today which I'd love to join but it clashes with the style class. It's presented by Paul Martin, an antiques expert, and he's running three sessions covering furniture, the arts, and the skill of antiquing. I'm hoping they repeat them at some stage or that he does some more. 

I was supposed to be seeing Joy this morning but we have cancelled and will rearrange another date next week. A week at home seems like an ideal time to tackle another mini project - there's the choice of clearing a list of odd jobs that I never seem to get round to, continue sorting in the garage, or tidying the playroom which has become a bit of a dumping ground during this last lot of decluttering. I don't actually fancy doing any of them but if I don't make the effort no one else will, so it's best to get started and get it done. As for which one I'll tackle … your guess is as good as mine!

Comments

  1. Oh, I hope the PCR test comes out negative, too! But, it's good that you are taking precautions to stay home and avoid further contact with others. Which of those mini-projects bother you the most? Which is the easiest/quickest to do? I'd pick the one that was easiest/quickest! :) Whichever one you pick to do, I hope it will still leave you with lots of free time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, I'm 99% sure that it will be negative but even when that's confirmed I will continue with my week at home.

      I'm just feeling lazy and don't want to do any of them! I doubt I'll get started today 😂

      Delete
  2. I really hope you have a negative PCR test and it's sensible to stay at home for the time being. What a shame you'll miss Paul Martin's class, I like him and he's a good presenter. I have the same problem as you, I put stuff in the conservatory that now needs sorting and it'll have to be today it gets done, I've been putting off doing it for quite a few days now. Why is it some jobs feel like a real chore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, because of the timings I'm not expecting a positive result. I'm really disappointed to miss Paul Martin's class. He lives locally, about 6 miles away and his shop is in Corsham, so he feels like ones of "ours" even though he isn't really. The classes are always live and can't be recorded so I will just have to miss it as I'm enjoying the style class and don't want to miss that either.

      I'm with you on some jobs feeling like a real chore. I'm sitting here thinking about it but it'd be much better if I stopped procrastinating and just got on with it! I hope you manage to clear your conservatory today.

      Delete
  3. I think you are very wise to take precautions and personally I don't think there's any risk to those picking up the items. They're obviously OK about it too.
    Those odd jobs are much harder to get the motivation for, I think. Have you written a list? I find ticking them off really motivates me as much as anything.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I properly awake I'm okay with them coming to collect the items. They're awake of the facts and have made their choice.

      I've written a list, and then rewritten it because I thought it looked messy but that was just me procrastinating rather than getting on with it! I'll make a start as soon as the doll's house has gone, so after 11 o'clock. xx

      Delete
  4. We live in precarious times don't we. I know how careful you have been, so I'm sure all the tests will be negative. I spent 3-5 days in a worried state if I've been in store shopping one day, doing a smell test every morning ... just in case. Glad that your sales are going to complete & yes advising them before hand was a good thing. Lately my to do lists have far too many things on it, which tells me I've let inside things slide a lot with being outside so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My PCR test result came through and it's negative, thankfully. It's a fine line to walk between having a resemblance of normal life while still keeping yourself and others safe. It's difficult to know what to do for the best.

      I've abandoned any thoughts about starting on the lists now .... tomorrow is another day!

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness the PCR was negative. (I don't even know how we get those now. Is it still £130 from the chemist, then send away?) Hope the rest of the family is OK too, and that sister is still free of chest infection. Hope the collections were made and that you are enjoying looking at the empty spaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get a free PCR test via the govt website or at some of the walk in centres. So far all family and friends are virus free or recovering well, thanks. The doll's house has been collected but the others have postponed collecting the sax until next week. I can use my dining table again now! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts