Saturday

Guess who had a funny five minutes when she was having her bloods taken yesterday?  Apparently my face completely drained of colour and I looked like I was going to pass out, which I didn't but I did feel odd, and I had to wait for ages until I was allowed to leave. I felt fine by then and did go to Tesco, only to find that the injection site was dripping blood so I had to ask for their first aider.  I'm turning into a drama queen! 

As a result of that I only shopped in Tesco and then went home, put the shopping away and then enjoyed a very quiet day. I listened to the nutrition focus and the Midsomer Murders Q&A, but that was about it for the day, apart from lots of naps. My apologies for failing to respond to your comments yesterday.

I did hear from my sister yesterday. They've had to cut their holiday short and return home as she's out of action for the foreseeable future with a nasty virus; the lateral flow tests are negative, thankfully, which is a relief but she does seem to have all the Covid symptoms.

I feel fine today. My only 'must do' is to contact my niece. Her youngest son has either just started or will soon be starting to learn the trumpet at school and I have a trumpet and tutor books he can have. The saxophone and the doll's house will go next week so that means that the three biggest items (in terms of space needed for storage), will have left the house clearing some much needed space in the music room and the dining room.

Comments

  1. Did the nurse take your blood pressure as it sounds to me like it dropped too low? I've seen that happen to my daughter and I'm sure that was the cause. You're not a drama queen at all, you did the right thing asking for the first aider and then resting for the remainder of the day. I hope your sister gets better soon, fingers crossed it's not Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my BP was taken and it was fine. I've no idea what the cause was - I'm fine with needles so it wasn't a form of panic attack or anything like that.

      Thanks Eileen but worryingly it is Covid - she did a PCR test yesterday and it was positive.

      Delete
  2. My goodness! That's a bit scary! Like Eileen (above) stated, maybe your blood pressure dropped. Or, were you fasting? If so, maybe your sugar levels dropped? Glad you felt well enough to go grocery shopping, afterwards. But to have your injection site bleeding! Didn't they put a plaster on the site after the injection? Glad you knew to ask for the first aider - I wouldn't have known what to do if that had happened to me! I suppose the store manager might have a first aid kit, but, I have never asked! I'm glad you rested and took it easy after you came home. Oh, I hope your sister is OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BP was fine and it wasn't a fasting test, so I don't really know what caused it. I quite often bleed after an injection. They put a plaster on it but it's often not enough and blood trickles down my arm. I usually only get as far as the car park before it happens and then go back inside for help! It doesn't happen every time thankfully. I know the big supermarkets here have first aider because my friend used to work there are she was one of the designated first aiders.

      Thanks Bless. My sister did a PCR test yesterday and it's positive for Covid so she now has to isolate until the end of the month. So far it hasn't affected her breathing so let's hope that continues to be the case.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your experience with the blood test. It must have been really scary.
    I hope your sister doesn't feel too bad and she recovers easily.
    Have a relaxing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. I was actually quite relaxed about it with all the medical staff buzzing around me, sorting me out 🙂

      My sister says she feels slightly better today so hopefully she is over the worst.

      I hope you have a good weekend too. x

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your sister. I do hope that she gets over it quickly and without side effects. It's very worrying how unreliable the lateral flow tests are proving to be, isn't it? This is not the first such case I have heard of. They're also saying that because normal colds were so suppressed last year, people are getting more ill with them this year. It's going to be hard to see the wood for the trees come the winter! Sorry, this is turning into a miserable comment! I'm glad you managed to get the bloods done, are back to normal after the "turn" and that you have an in person appointment booked! Those are big ticks all round! There! Saved it! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a miserable comment at all and thanks for wishing my sister well. That's the result I'm praying for. The fact that she doesn't have breathing problems so far is good, I've decided, but it's early days as as she is prone to chest problems even with the common cold. Not being able to see her is the hardest and, although this seems to be a mild case so far, it brings home just how hard it is for the relatives of the seriously ill. It is worrying that the tests are unreliable - how do you decide when it's safe? I'm not looking forward to the winter but at least I can hibernate in the safety of my home.

      At last the tests have been done so I'm hoping the doc can sort me out. Life is definitely odd when it feels like a huge achievement just to get a GP appointment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts