Wednesday 29th September

Well yesterday turned out to be a dull dreary day. It rained on and off for a good chunk of the day and it was one of those time where every room in the house was dark and, worst of all, it was cold! Just to add to the misery, the electricity was out for most of the morning and intermittently for the rest of the day, so I spent most of my time snuggled under a blanket trying to keep warm. 

I did get the parcels posted off but didn't have much luck sorting out the re-discovered items. I think I may have put them to one side because I didn't know what they were, and nothing much has changed on that front … I still have no idea! I sent some snaps over to C to see if he knows and am waiting to hear back from him, so I won't make any progress on that particular task this week. 

Today it's the nutrition club followed by my piano lesson and then after lunch it's the style class, so in between those things I'll try to finish re-advertising the items that didn't sell in the previous auction. Fingers crossed that there are no more power cuts as I can't do any of those things without internet access. It's evident just how essential the internet has become to so many parts of my life - so much for wanting to reduce screen time!

Comments

  1. oh, you were unlucky with power cuts, we had none here - I wasn't home, but none of the electric clocks had zeroed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a different zone to you though. It may have been scheduled but I somehow missed the notification - my neighbour seemed to have expected it.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the internet is absolutely essential, these days, isn't it? I hope today will be a brighter, sunnier day for you, and, hopefully, a little warmer, too. I hope you don't have any power cuts, today! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sunshine, but heating and internet all day so I'm happy!

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear, that does sound dreary. Once the rain stopped, it was very pleasant here and this morning has started out wonderfully well. However, tomorrow is predicted to be quite different.
    Hoping your power is reliable today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're forecast a few days of rain so I'm resigned to it! Power supply was back to normal today so all is good thanks xx

      Delete
  4. It was a miserable day here too and I didn't take the pup for a walk as it was raining too hard for most of the day. I feel sorry for you having no electricity and that makes the day really miserable for you not knowing if and when it will come back on. It's still raining here this morning and I hope it clears up soon. I hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today has been much better because I had heat and internet ... I don't cope too well with the cold! Lots of rain due for the next three days here though.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear to the power cuts. Were they scheduled for repairs to the system, or just happened? I'm interested to hear about any links for face shape & glasses choice in today's style class. Fingers crossed the power stays on to get you through your piano lesson & style class & that you aren't chilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it was scheduled but I missed the notification! The power was back to normal today so I was able to do the piano and online classes as normal. There's a mention and link about the face shapes in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    The rainy days make the house dark and without electricity, so much worse!
    I wish that today everything is fine and that you can continue with your courses online.
    All the best!
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all back to normal now thanks Ailime. It's been a good day, and the heating is on!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts