Staycation Day 4

It was just as well I didn't have any big plans for yesterday as I woke with yet another migraine! The meds worked in part so I just had low level pain all day and couldn't keep food down! I'm putting this one down to delayed stress from going out or maybe something in the meal that didn't agree with me.

I did wander over to the marina in the morning but the police were only letting residents in and out, so I tottered back home. I've no idea what that was all about as by the time I sorted myself out and collected my car, the access to the marina was open again. I stuck with plan B and went to The Nursery, the local garden centre ... just to look of course, and also collect the compost Danielle asked me to get. So my 'just a look' ended up as buying all the compost plus a huge terracotta pot and four massive hexagonal plastic pots, all incorrectly priced according to the man on the till but a complete bargain for me! Two more shrubs may have accidentally fallen in my trolley as well! 

The Nursery is reopening their café next week so I will be able to add that back in as a stopping place on an exercise walk - it's about 15 minutes to the garage to buy the Telegraph for the crossword, then another 10-15 minutes to the garden centre. I can sit and do the crossword while I enjoy a mug of coffee, and then wander back home. 

Danielle was due yesterday afternoon but was a no show so none of the new plants have been dealt with. She hasn't responded to my text yet so I don't know the reason but it's a bit odd as the change from Tuesday to Wednesday was at her request. I'm hoping that it's a genuine one-off mix up rather than that she's going to start being unreliable. My first task this morning is to phone her and find out what happened and when she's planning to be here to make up for yesterday.

Today we've been promised rain all morning so I will do one of my rainy day things, which is to start making myself a 'joyful jar'. I'll show you when it's finished!

This afternoon I've signed up to watch an online tour of Winchester Cathedral which features all the Medieval graffiti. I'll take notes as Winchester is an easy drive from here so I'll arrange a trip to see it all for real.

Tonight there's a Zoom meet with friends. We all live too far apart to meet regularly so I think the Zoom meets are something that will continue in the future - something good to come out of the lockdown.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about another migraine; hope you are feeling better, today. Sorry that Danielle didn't show up and answer your text. Hope you are able to sort it all out. Sounds like you had fun at the Nursery! :) Glad you found some bargains.

    Enjoy your rainy day activities. Looking forward to seeing your joyful jar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, there's no sign of the migraine today so all is good.

      I'm disappointed about Danielle. Not so much that she didn't turn up as there may be a good reason why, but more that she didn't bother to tell me that she wasn't coming or to schedule a new date and that she hasn't responded to my text.

      The plastic planters were very cheap and I am debating whether to go back to get some more, always assuming they still have the wrong price on them!

      The joyful jar may take me a while. I have the idea but executing that idea may be too much for my brain so a rethink or two may be needed!

      Delete
  2. Glad that the you are well again. Sounds like a very productive day for you & I am sorry to hear that Danielle did not show up - let's hope that she is Not having a family crisis of any sort. Cheers to a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard from her today. It was due to a diary mix up so good news that it's not to do with her family but I hear warning bells as she updated her diary last time I saw her so she's made changes without informing me. She knows all the plants are here as I'd asked her to fit in an extra session just after she was here last time, which she couldn't do, but has now delayed my session by another week which will make it three weeks since I last saw her.

      Delete
  3. I've just caught up with the CCT talk. Very interesting. We found a Solomon's knot carved into the stonework when we visited last year. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Can you remember roughly where it is please?

      Delete
  4. The big pots sound like a great find! The online tour of Winchester cathedral sounds fascinating. I see from previous comments that your migraine is gone. Yayeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pots were a real bargain 😁

      The graffiti tour was fascinating and I will definitely be more observant in the future.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about another migraine. I love Winchester. I went to King Alfreds College which were great years so it has a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lots of happy memories of Winchester too. I'm hoping to get there in the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts